Jack for iOS

For general questions or discussion of Auria.

Moderators: Corey W, Rim

ding

Jack for iOS

Post by ding » Wed Mar 20, 2013 7:34 am

I've been lurking these posts for a while but today I read something that seemed very interesting and made me want to get an account and post about it. Its a new free tool to integrate audio, midi, sync and data between apps in iOS. This is the article I read...
http://createdigitalmusic.com/2013/03/j ... ance-free/
looks interesting. I know from reading the forum that most people would say "Do we need to add something else to the mix? Why not just stick to bug squashing and midi?" I hear you, I just thought it looked interesting plus it combines all that stuff in one. I guess its something to keep an eye on to see if apps start using it.

donratto
Expert

Re: Jack for iOS

Post by donratto » Wed Mar 20, 2013 2:15 pm

Yeah, I grabbed that today...looks quite amazing for a free app :)

Jus
Expert

Post by Jus » Wed Mar 20, 2013 2:33 pm

Yep cheers just jumped on the Band Wagon :D

ChrisG
Expert

Post by ChrisG » Wed Mar 20, 2013 2:35 pm

The Thumbjam/DrumJam devs will support it (https://twitter.com/thumbjam).

As good as it looks with its modular environment that Audiobus lacks, and MIDI for that matter, I really hope all this doesn't become a big fragmented mess. Maybe Apple should step in? I dunno...We really need one de facto standard. Audiobus guys step up with modular and midi environment, and Apple make em rich by implementing it in iOS system wide. :?:

ChrisG
Expert

Post by ChrisG » Wed Mar 20, 2013 3:21 pm

Apple just updated GarageBand with Audiobus support. I got really excited finally being able to record from GB into Auria. But as always with Apple they go their own way and only put in support for the output in Audiobus. That is really cheap, Apple. Same thing with ACP. :roll:

donratto
Expert

Post by donratto » Wed Mar 20, 2013 4:10 pm

There doesn't seem to be a list of Jack supported apps which is a bit of a pain as they won't show up unless they're already running in the background. Bit of a faff.

*edit* just found it in the app after touching the feedback button on the help screen :)

CEIsar
Expert

Post by CEIsar » Wed Mar 20, 2013 4:30 pm

ChrisG wrote:Apple just updated GarageBand with Audiobus support. I got really excited finally being able to record from GB into Auria. But as always with Apple they go their own way and only put in support for the output in Audiobus. That is really cheap, Apple. Same thing with ACP. :roll:
omg,you're right :shock:
What the....?I can't even laugh about this behaviour anymore.I have absolutely no use for
Garbageband in the output slot only *tripplefacepalm*

@topic:i'm sceptical,hope this doesn't end like a Audio unit vs VST story and we have two standards then.And maybe need a third bus app to bring the other two together,lol.

And a very weird coincidence(?)that it is released on the same day the audiobus sdk went public...
iPad Air 2 - WiFI - 128GB - iOS 9.1 - Auria Pro 2.01 - Roland Duo Capture EX