Low Resolution

For general questions or discussion of Auria.

Moderators: Corey W, Rim

warfaanax
Expert

Low Resolution

Post by warfaanax » Sat Mar 09, 2013 10:42 pm

Why does Auria has a very bad pixelated resolution? Everything in app has low resolution. Buttons, track names, sliders, numbers, letters... They are pixelated. I don't understand why a recent app like Auria is made that way?

Just to be sure I deleted and reinstalled the app but still the same. I assume its like that on everyones ipad.

I have ipad4 btw.

Are you planning to make a better resolution version for the next update?

ChrisG
Expert

Re: Low Resolution

Post by ChrisG » Sun Mar 10, 2013 5:13 am

Auria is running at iPad 1&2 resolution, so it's not retina res. Higher resolution would have an impact on the editing window performance. But I'm sure we'll see updated graphics somewhere down the road.

Rim
Site Admin

Post by Rim » Sun Mar 10, 2013 8:43 am

In our testing, we found adding retina graphics caused a big impact in memory usage and performance. As iPad models become faster and add more RAM, we'll make steady improvements in this area after careful testing to ensure it doesn't impact audio performance.

Rim

warfaanax
Expert

Post by warfaanax » Sun Mar 10, 2013 10:31 pm

Oh well. I am relieved :) I was also thinking maybe its an installation problem and only I am having low resolution interface. Thanks for the explanation.

CEIsar
Expert

Post by CEIsar » Wed Mar 13, 2013 11:03 am

c'mon guys the resolution is really not THAT bad and i have a retina display as well :wink:

Before i bought the iPad 4 i thought this is a big issue according to some user here but after i checked by myself i found it kinda funny how picky some people are (no offense).i have to stick my nose quite close to the screen (no,my eyes aren't that bad) to count the pixel although i agree that apps like the ipolysix look beautiful in retina solution.

Much more important is to make the edit screen behaving faster and not slower...even on the latest device it can be sluggish from time to time.
iPad Air 2 - WiFI - 128GB - iOS 9.1 - Auria Pro 2.01 - Roland Duo Capture EX