AudioBus issue with Auria and DrumJam

For general questions or discussion of Auria.

Moderators: Corey W, Rim

acaonweb
Expert

AudioBus issue with Auria and DrumJam

Post by acaonweb » Mon Feb 11, 2013 5:00 am

auria warned me about some problems about different frequency rate (in the worst case Auria reloaded and the project gone forever).

I've tried to bypass that recording some bar on Drumjam and pasting into auria.

Auria warned me in that case too, tought audiobus was closed
I had to close both from background, and warning disappeared.
But when i paste into auria track, sound wasnt "in time", tought i've recorded in the same bpm of the auria project.
I've pasted into AudioShare app, converted to LCCM into that app, copyed and then the audiopaste in auria worked.

There are some bugs into audiocopy/paste? And maybe some issues about freq in audiobus? i think yes :)
iPad Air Pro 11 iOS 16.3 WiFi 512 Giga, Scarlett Focusrite 18i8
http://mustek.bandcamp.com

Rim
Site Admin

Re: AudioBus issue with Auria and DrumJam

Post by Rim » Mon Feb 11, 2013 6:59 am

If you're not using Audiobus, it's a good idea to close it, otherwise Auria will have a much higher CPU usage, and you won't be able to use other sample rates. Just make sure you don't see the yellow "audiobus" text at the top of the screen.

As far as being out of time, make sure you put your new audio region at the very start of the timeline (at 0:00:00). Or, if you want to locate it somewhere else, set your snap to Bars or beats, so that you are moving the region exactly to a beat or bar boundary. Otherwise, it will be out of time.

Rim

acaonweb
Expert

Post by acaonweb » Mon Feb 11, 2013 3:08 pm

Rim wrote:If you're not using Audiobus, it's a good idea to close it, otherwise Auria will have a much higher CPU usage, and you won't be able to use other sample rates. Just make sure you don't see the yellow "audiobus" text at the top of the screen.

As far as being out of time, make sure you put your new audio region at the very start of the timeline (at 0:00:00). Or, if you want to locate it somewhere else, set your snap to Bars or beats, so that you are moving the region exactly to a beat or bar boundary. Otherwise, it will be out of time.
Rim
No audiobus in background, something about audio in background.
For the audio region I've pasted, it's not about positioning. It's time stretched if I paste directly from the pasteboard after copying in drum jam
I need to paste in audio share, convert , re copy and then paste in auria
Attachments
image.jpg
(298.74 KiB) Downloaded 320 times
image.jpg
(272.97 KiB) Downloaded 320 times

Washboy
Expert

Post by Washboy » Tue Feb 12, 2013 5:15 am

acaonweb wrote:...I've pasted into AudioShare app, converted to LCCM into that app, copyed and then the audiopaste in auria worked...
Please excuse my ignorance, but what is "LCCM"? I have AudioShare and I can't find any reference to it there.

acaonweb
Expert

Post by acaonweb » Tue Feb 12, 2013 6:59 am

Washboy wrote:
acaonweb wrote:...I've pasted into AudioShare app, converted to LCCM into that app, copyed and then the audiopaste in auria worked...
Please excuse my ignorance, but what is "LCCM"? I have AudioShare and I can't find any reference to it there.
sorry, LCPM
u can find it in tools when needed :)

Washboy
Expert

Post by Washboy » Tue Feb 12, 2013 9:56 am

acaonweb wrote:
Washboy wrote:
sorry, LCPM
u can find it in tools when needed :)
Ah! LPCM. I think I have seen that in a previous version of AudioShare. Thanks for clarifying.

Back to your audio transfer problem: I use DrumJam, Auria and (occasionally) AudioShare so I've been trying to replicate your problem. I can't!

I can AudioCopyPaste direct from DrumJam > Auria with no time-stretch, etc.. I can ACP from DJ > AudioShare (it doesn't require conversion to LPCM), then normalise and finally ACP from AS > Auria. I've tested using both Sonoma ACP and the General Pasteboard. I'm intrigued why you needed to convert to LPCM format because, in all my tests, AudioShare didn't once give me the option.

@Rim: However, while trying to test using new projects with higher sample rates, I did get the error message shown in acaonweb's screenshot. I was 'in' a newly created 96K project and was trying to create a new 48K project. Auria wouldn't let me do so. Reading other, related threads, I think I understand why. Worryingly though, every old project I opened subsequently appeared to have empty regions. I had to create a new 44.1K project to get back to normal. Even now, I have been left with a new project which, when opened appears to be (and has the name of) an old project but with empty regions. Weird!

Rim
Site Admin

Post by Rim » Wed Feb 13, 2013 7:28 am

OK, thanks for the find. I think I know why this is happening now. I'll get it fixed for 1.07.

Rim