Pasted audio not pasting correctly

For general questions or discussion of Auria.

Moderators: Corey W, Rim

supanorton
Expert

Pasted audio not pasting correctly

Post by supanorton » Thu Jan 10, 2013 7:44 pm

I'm currently running Auria 1.04 as I don't want to deal with the hassles some other iPad 2 users have had with the 1.05 update. I'll wait for 1.06.

Here's my problem:
I've been tracking guitars in MultiTrack DAW with AudioBus and JamUp and audio-pasting those tracks into Auria without a hitch. After audio-pasting 4 stereo tracks from MultTrack, I tried pasting a mono vocal track that recorded in MultiTrack with a Shure SM58 and the Apogee Jam. The audio pasted into Auria is twice the length of the other pasted tracks and plays at maybe half the speed, so my vocal track is slow motion. The BPMs or tempo is the same in both DAWs; I've tried pasting it on several different tracks; deleting tracks; and starting from scratch. The MultiTrack project is 44/16 and the Auria project is 44. I'd like to use the vocal track and not record it again. Ideas?

Edit: I pasted the track from MultiTrack into StudioTrack, then to Auria, which worked. Weird.

Rim
Site Admin

Re: Pasted audio not pasting correctly

Post by Rim » Thu Jan 10, 2013 8:30 pm

This is most likely an issue of stereo vs mono. You're probably starting off with a stereo track, and pasting it into Auria, but Auria is reading it as a mono track, so it's twice the length and half the speed. It's hard to say why this is happening. it could be that Multitrack DAW is not writing the WAV file correctly, or it could be that Auria is not reading it correctly. Are you trying to paste it into a stereo or mono track?

Rim

supanorton
Expert

Post by supanorton » Thu Jan 10, 2013 10:33 pm

Recorded in mono in MultiTrack, definitely. Added a mono track in Auria, positively. I did it several times. Mono to mono. I have noticed (even before Auria) that the general pasteboard and audio copy paste don't always play nice together. It all worked out anyway. It seems the only thing I've ever used StudioTrack for is when I've had strange behavior with the general pasteboard and ACP. Glad I didn't spend $40 for it; although $20 is a ridiculous amount for a pasting hub.

Rim
Site Admin

Post by Rim » Fri Jan 11, 2013 5:31 am

OK, then in that case, it's probably a sample rate issue.

Rim

supanorton
Expert

Post by supanorton » Mon Feb 11, 2013 4:26 am

Just an update on this:

I've been tracking in MultiTrack DAW, then pasting into Auria.
1. Copy and paste drum tracks from DrumLoops HD
2. Record mono acoustic guitar track using Focusrite 2i2
3. Record mono vocal track the same way
4. Paste files into new project in Auria being careful that I create a stereo track for the drums and mono tracks for the guitar and vocals and match the BPMs.
5. Auria pastes the stereo tracks fine.
6. Auria pastes a stretched out slow playing copy of the mono tracks.
7. I paste the mono tracks from MuliTrack DAW into StudioTrack, then ACP them from StudioTrack into Auria, and it works perfectly.
8. It happens every time I record a mono track in MultiTrack DAW that I try to paste into Auria. It happens with the Apogee Jam and the Focusrite 2i2.
9. It seems to be an Auria problem with pasting mono tracks from the general pasteboard.

Rim
Site Admin

Post by Rim » Mon Feb 11, 2013 7:03 am

It's probably the other way around. Multitrack DAW is not copying mono files correctly. Since other apps don't have an issue copying mono tracks into Audio Copy/Paste.

Rim