Looking at buying Timeless, but can you sync it with Auria?

For general questions or discussion of Auria.

Moderators: Corey W, Rim

Geronimo
Expert

Re: Looking at buying Timeless, but can you sync it with Aur

Post by Geronimo » Sat Feb 09, 2013 2:53 pm

ChrisG wrote:Paying for a MIDI update with everything that goes along with it is more then fair I think. Unlike PC and Mac - land iOS developers can't give current users a discounted upgrade price on a new software. So the only way is to do upgrades via different IAP solutions or release a completely different app at full price. So IAP is definitely a must to keep bringing the cashiola so development can continue. But I really hope the basic stuff like letting the CURRENT plugins work as advertised (ie sync to host etc) wont be an extra cost.
You are right. The developer needs a constant income, i agree. Seems unlikely that there'll be something like Auria 2...

ChrisG
Expert

Post by ChrisG » Sat Feb 09, 2013 4:43 pm

Ok so just bought Timeless2, and I can't find anyway to set the tempo. I think Wavelabs/Fabfilters needs to put that in the description until you actually can set the tempo. It's a delay unit hello! The MS knobs kinda works in free mode, but that's not good enough obviously.

When can we expect to see an update for all this stuff?

Geronimo
Expert

Post by Geronimo » Sun Feb 10, 2013 3:04 am

ChrisG wrote:Ok so just bought Timeless2, and I can't find anyway to set the tempo. I think Wavelabs/Fabfilters needs to put that in the description until you actually can set the tempo. It's a delay unit hello! The MS knobs kinda works in free mode, but that's not good enough obviously.

The yellow knobs work just fine, it's just in milliseconds. And when you use the note modes to the right of the knobs you can sync it perfectly.

ChrisG
Expert

Post by ChrisG » Sun Feb 10, 2013 6:04 am

Geronimo wrote:
ChrisG wrote:Ok so just bought Timeless2, and I can't find anyway to set the tempo. I think Wavelabs/Fabfilters needs to put that in the description until you actually can set the tempo. It's a delay unit hello! The MS knobs kinda works in free mode, but that's not good enough obviously.

The yellow knobs work just fine, it's just in milliseconds. And when you use the note modes to the right of the knobs you can sync it perfectly.

Only at 120 BPM, which the plugs seems to default at.

Edit: Just to elaborate, In Echo you can set the bpm (or use ms) and mess around with note modes, filters etc while its in perfect sync. In FabFilters when you switch back from using the tap mode/ms setting and use the note type and so on nothing is in sync since it reverts back to 120 bpm.

ChrisG
Expert

Post by ChrisG » Sun Feb 10, 2013 7:26 am

I'm going trough the 300 or so presets and I just keep thinking these would sound awesome on this or that. If Auria and/or Fabfilters stuff could sync or at least set a tempo to begin with,

Wavemachine Labs & Fabfilter could you guys give at least a rough timeframe on when we can expect sync/midi?

Rim
Site Admin

Post by Rim » Sun Feb 10, 2013 7:34 am

I'm hoping to add this to the next update.

Rim

ChrisG
Expert

Post by ChrisG » Sun Feb 10, 2013 7:58 am

Great, thanks! :D