Converting an m4a file to AAF...

For general questions or discussion of Auria.

Moderators: Corey W, Rim

parlortrick

Converting an m4a file to AAF...

Post by parlortrick » Sun Feb 03, 2013 4:34 pm

For god's sake...before I completely lose my damn mind, can ANYONE tell me how to convert an m4a file to AAF so I can drop it in Auria? I have an ungodly number of drum tracks in m4a format, and this is WAY too difficult to make worthwhile...I'm sorry, but there's no reason on earth to not make multiple file formats compatible with sharing in Auria. Give me a f'ing break.

Rim
Site Admin

Re: Converting an m4a file to AAF...

Post by Rim » Sun Feb 03, 2013 9:53 pm

I'm having a hard time understanding what you're trying to do. AAF is a project format, used for moving an entire project from Auria to Pro Tools and other daws. For audio files, Auria natively supports m4a, wav, aff and mp3 formats. Also aaf, but this is not for audio files. If you describe what you're trying to do, and how you're doing it, maybe we can help.

Rim

Schimanski
Expert

Post by Schimanski » Mon Feb 04, 2013 4:43 am

Hello,
Maybe we all could agree to keep a decent and polite tone in this forum ,because Rim and all at Auria are exceptionally
helpful and friendly too!

Anthony Alves
Expert

Post by Anthony Alves » Mon Feb 04, 2013 2:47 pm

Yes as Rim says AAF files are not audio formats but file transfer formats found in compiter daws. Auria imports mp4 files directly. If you could supply us with some better info than we CAN help you as we do this all the time for Auria users. So where are you getting the file from? Itunes in your computer?
If you are using Auria in iTunes to get your mp4 into Auria, simply select Auria, choose the add button and add the mp4 into Auria, no special folder required.
Now in Auria, select a project, go to the menu and select IMPORT AUDIO, and you will see all the mp4 files you dropped in, select the mp4 and its track destination or it can create a new track for the selected audio and Auria will copy it into the projects track.
Thats it and I just tested this function and its working great.
Another way to prove that Auria imports mp4 file directly is to mixdown a song in garageband for iPad which saves to an mp4 and then load that into Auria without any problems. I do this everyday without a problem. As well Auria isnt the culprit for multiple audio file types, Auria just excepts many file types so as to make it less nessesary to do any file conversion before importing into Auria. So actually Auria is working in your favour.
Hope this helps as thats what were here for.
Cheers
~~_/)~~~