Low Pass/Bandpass Filter FX

For general questions or discussion of Auria.

Moderators: Corey W, Rim

timmyg
Expert

Low Pass/Bandpass Filter FX

Post by timmyg » Sun Jan 27, 2013 3:05 pm

Hi all. I have drum tracks that I would like to add a bandpass and/or low pass filter effect to. I am just wondering how best to achieve this in Auria...is there a plug-in that would suit this best? I know I may be able to achieve this with the channel strip EQ's
but would like to route multiple drum tracks through the same filter...is this possible?

An example for those that don't know what I mean; think of dance songs when there sound like they are 'underwater' in certain parts of the song :P

Anthony Alves
Expert

Re: Low Pass/Bandpass Filter FX

Post by Anthony Alves » Sun Jan 27, 2013 3:30 pm

timmyg wrote:Hi all. I have drum tracks that I would like to add a bandpass and/or low pass filter effect to. I am just wondering how best to achieve this in Auria...is there a plug-in that would suit this best? I know I may be able to achieve this with the channel strip EQ's
but would like to route multiple drum tracks through the same filter...is this possible?

An example for those that don't know what I mean; think of dance songs when there sound like they are 'underwater' in certain parts of the song :P
I would assign said drum tracks to a channel bus and apply the filter to the Buss channel and any track sent to that buss will be affected by the filter. Cheers and hope this helps.
~~_/)~~~

ChrisG
Expert

Post by ChrisG » Sun Jan 27, 2013 3:40 pm

What Anthony said, route em to a sub channel. If you don't get what you want with the filters on the strip check out Fabfilters Micro or Volcano2.

CEIsar
Expert

Post by CEIsar » Sun Jan 27, 2013 4:01 pm

Volcano is a beast but the Micro is totally fine for your purpose.Both sound really good!
iPad Air 2 - WiFI - 128GB - iOS 9.1 - Auria Pro 2.01 - Roland Duo Capture EX