Auria and audio bus

For general questions or discussion of Auria.

Moderators: Corey W, Rim

Bradley

Auria and audio bus

Post by Bradley » Thu Jan 24, 2013 6:00 pm

How do you enable audio bus. Can't find any documentation or setting on the input channels or in the edit menu. In audio bus i added Magellan, modrum and dm1 to the inputs and set auria as the output but can't see an option in auria to enable audiobus. How is it done? Can you have each app be a separate audio input bussed to auria using audio bus or can you only have one stereo stream sent to auria?

Jus
Expert

Re: Auria and audio bus

Post by Jus » Thu Jan 24, 2013 6:08 pm

Assuming you started everything from Audiobus, (even Auria)in the input matrix there's a Audiobus symbol press that
Then you just choose the track you want the sound into ,and just record enable the track should work then

Jus
Expert

Post by Jus » Thu Jan 24, 2013 6:13 pm

I can't figure out how to
Play a Pre recorded guitar track out of Auria , into Jam up then back into Auria to hear the jam up effect coming out

Any1?

CEIsar
Expert

Post by CEIsar » Thu Jan 24, 2013 6:42 pm

oh,thats what i like to try as well.I love LiveFx,hope i can use it this way.
iPad Air 2 - WiFI - 128GB - iOS 9.1 - Auria Pro 2.01 - Roland Duo Capture EX

Rim
Site Admin

Post by Rim » Thu Jan 24, 2013 8:07 pm

We'll be updating our manual later tonight.

To use audiobus in the way you describe, add Auria as an input in the audiobus app, add jam up into the effects slot, then add Auria again into the output slot. Then, in Auria set up the input matrix for receiving audiobus channels and record normally.

Rim

andyxr
Expert

Post by andyxr » Fri Jan 25, 2013 5:27 am

I too am trying to get the input channels working. Not sure if I should be selecting "L R" or "1 2" in the input matrix (what does "1 2" mean anyway?)
I've got Auria as input, Sunrizer as output, but getting zero sound out of Sunrizer. Something to do with the input matrix? And I have a metronome in Auria, but pressing the Audiobus record icon (supplied by Auria) doesn't play the metronome - the Rec icon just flashes red.
Hmm.. maybe something I'm not doing in Sunrizer?

andyxr
Expert

Post by andyxr » Fri Jan 25, 2013 5:36 am

andyxr wrote:I too am trying to get the input channels working. Not sure if I should be selecting "L R" or "1 2" in the input matrix (what does "1 2" mean anyway?)
I've got Auria as input, Sunrizer as output, but getting zero sound out of Sunrizer. Something to do with the input matrix? And I have a metronome in Auria, but pressing the Audiobus record icon (supplied by Auria) doesn't play the metronome - the Rec icon just flashes red.
Hmm.. maybe something I'm not doing in Sunrizer?
Ah, got it working.. Except that the metronome doesn't seem to respect the count in. I've set it to one bar, but when I look at my recording, it started recording instantly, thus there's one bar of silence at the beginning of my track. No biggy, I guess..

Rim
Site Admin

Post by Rim » Fri Jan 25, 2013 9:16 am

Thanks for the info about the count-in. It's possible that's a bug related to using Audiobus when recording. I'll look into that.

The new manual is up, so there's a section in there about using Auria with Audiobus. Basically, you go to the input matrix, click the Audiobus tab on the right, then choose where you want to assign the various Audiobus inputs. If you only have one Audiobus source, as in your case, you'll only see audio on the first two inputs (1 and 2). 1 is left and 2 is right.

Also, the record button in the Audiobus panel works just like the one inside Auria itself. When you press it it flashes, then you press the play button to start recording.

Rim

Jus
Expert

Post by Jus » Fri Jan 25, 2013 9:51 am

Jus wrote:I can't figure out how to
Play a Pre recorded guitar track out of Auria , into Jam up then back into Auria to hear the jam up effect coming out

Any1?
Managed to figure it out and get it working , very impressive me thinks 8)

JohnInBoston

Post by JohnInBoston » Fri Jan 25, 2013 11:28 am

Rim,

With regard to the Input Matrix, one small observation was that it was not obvious which Input channels belonged to which Audiobus channels. I had to pluck a few strings and bang a few keys to see which channels lit up, which was not a terribly big deal, but felt unnecessary. I thought the order was bottom to top in Audiobus routing screen mapping to 1 to 3 in Auria, but then I added and removed some synths and the order appeared to no longer hold.

I'm sure you're familiar with the behavior of MDAW in Audiobus, which automatically creates a track, labeled by Audiobus source. This means that the name of other apps on the bus must be knowable to Auria. Would be great to have the Audiobus portion of the Input Matrix labeled "Funkbox L","Funkbox R", "Animoog L", "Animoog R", etc., presumably laid out with labels above pairs and "L" an "R" taking the place of "1" and "2". You get the idea...

Otherwise, this is a great update. Ran my bass through a Scarlett 18i6 direct to Auria, with drums from Funkbox and chords from Animoog, both over audiobus, in a truly seamless fashion. Great work!

Rim
Site Admin

Post by Rim » Sat Jan 26, 2013 8:28 am

It would be nice to have labels for the Audiobus inputs, but there's simply no space to do it in the input matrix. Because the inputs are across the top, there's no room for labels. And Auria doesn't create tracks when you use Audiobus like some other DAWs.

Rim