A strange bug regarding the tracks

For bug reports only - non-bug related questions will be moved to appropriate forum.

Moderators: Corey W, Rim

Geronimo
Expert

A strange bug regarding the tracks

Post by Geronimo » Fri Jan 18, 2013 5:13 am

So, something weird occured yesterday, after freezing and defreezing a track several times. I couldn't freely select the audiosamples of a specific track anymore. Wherever i clicked it always selected the same sample. I tried the multiselect button, i tried to cut it out, i tried to restart Auria, but the weird bug remained. The other tracks work just fine, it's just this one track that appears to be broken now. I can't use the automation control points either.

My workaround is now to reimport everything into a new project, which is good enough for me right now, because i'm just playing around. But at this very moment i honestly wouldn't like to use Auria for serious projects. I'll just wait for two or three more updates. :D

Rim
Site Admin

Re: A strange bug regarding the tracks

Post by Rim » Fri Jan 18, 2013 5:51 am

Thanks. This is most likely related to your other bug report. I'll look into this. Possibly something got corrupted on that track.

Rim

Geronimo
Expert

Post by Geronimo » Fri Jan 18, 2013 7:15 am

Rim wrote:Thanks. This is most likely related to your other bug report. I'll look into this. Possibly something got corrupted on that track.

Rim
These two happened on different tracks, but in the same project.

Geronimo
Expert

Post by Geronimo » Sun Jan 20, 2013 8:37 am

I just couldn't access one of the tracks again. It could have something to do with Saturn, because i've only noticed this in projects that use it so far.

Rim
Site Admin

Post by Rim » Sun Jan 20, 2013 1:15 pm

Can you please send me a zip file with that entire project? This will really help me figure out what's going on with that track.

Thanks,
Rim

Geronimo
Expert

Post by Geronimo » Sun Jan 20, 2013 3:18 pm

Rim wrote:Can you please send me a zip file with that entire project? This will really help me figure out what's going on with that track.

Thanks,
Rim
How do i do it? I just have the iPad.

I've deleted these projects anyway, but once a new one comes up i will keep it for you.

Rim
Site Admin

Post by Rim » Mon Jan 21, 2013 5:35 am

Normally, you would connect your iPad to a computer, then copy the project over, then zip it. If you don't have access to a computer, there's not much that can be done, because Apple doesn't allow apps to share files between each other. If the project you want to send opens fine in Auria, you could just send it to your dropbox, then share it with me.

Rim

Geronimo
Expert

Post by Geronimo » Mon Jan 21, 2013 6:11 am

Rim wrote:Normally, you would connect your iPad to a computer, then copy the project over, then zip it. If you don't have access to a computer, there's not much that can be done, because Apple doesn't allow apps to share files between each other. If the project you want to send opens fine in Auria, you could just send it to your dropbox, then share it with me.

Rim
I can do that, although i don't have a corrupt project at the moment. But i can send you one that was corrupt, if that helps.

Geronimo
Expert

Post by Geronimo » Sat Feb 16, 2013 1:58 pm

Ok, this is a project where i can't freely select the samples anymore. Regardless where i click, it always takes the first one.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/k24q0vxtd6y91 ... ssline.prj

It's not always the first one, but it's always locked to just one sample.

Rim
Site Admin

Post by Rim » Sat Feb 16, 2013 6:22 pm

OK, thanks, I'll have a look at it.

Rim

Geronimo
Expert

Post by Geronimo » Mon Feb 18, 2013 4:18 am

I think some of the problems have most likely to do with high cpu usage. I just froze this track and was able to duplicate the samples as i pleased. Before that it reproduced just artifacts, and i wasn't able to move them.