Fabfilter Pro-C

For general questions or discussion of Auria.

Moderators: Corey W, Rim

distraub
Expert

Fabfilter Pro-C

Post by distraub » Mon Jan 14, 2013 1:33 pm

I am looking to buy the Fabfilter Pro-C plugin for Auria, but am curious if the routing is in place for sidechain compression with this plugin. Has anyone tried that?

Alex

gdog
Expert

Re: Fabfilter Pro-C

Post by gdog » Mon Jan 14, 2013 3:11 pm

Hi Alex,

Not at the mo' - I've asked for this in the stickied wishlist thread..

All the best <3

Rim
Site Admin

Post by Rim » Mon Jan 14, 2013 10:18 pm

Not yet. Fabfilter has support for it built in to the plugins, but Auria is not ready for it yet. It'll happen eventually.

Rim

anton06
Expert

Post by anton06 » Sun Jan 20, 2013 6:13 am

Hello rim, as I told you Fabfilter's plugs are taking too much space...for example and even the volcano or Saturn are taking 28 CPU more...I froze every tracks and I had 22% CPU and when I installed volcano the CPU rises up to 50% so is there a way to be able to add those plugs without making Auria crashing due to CPU over rising??? For example if a all play back is done and I want to record a vocal track with nice plugs it is not possible Auria crashes due to the amount of CPU too high...Would you advice me to make a mix down of the play back, to re-import it in a new project and then to record my voice in that new project so having a nice CPU pour engage free? If I make a mix down of that play back, will take in consideration all the plugs I putted on each tracks? As i already told you those new plugins are taking a creazy space, it would be anyway (even if the sample is off) to work on it, i mean to let the plugs work without taking all this crazy space making Auria unable to work after only one of those plugs intalled...Thanks Rim.

Rim
Site Admin

Post by Rim » Sun Jan 20, 2013 6:22 am

Anton,

Which iPad model do you have? The new Fabfilter plugins have a setting for Oversampling. Please make sure this is not enabled. If they are still taking too much CPU, then yes, creating a new project and only inserting the one plugin would help in this case.

Also, are your projects 44.1? I recommend this, as 48K and 96k will definitely take a lot more CPU.

Rim

anton06
Expert

Post by anton06 » Sun Jan 20, 2013 2:59 pm

Rim, thanks for your answer, I will care of the over sampling and put it off. Am on IPad 4 but you are right...my project on which I face lots of problems is settled in 96k cause I thought it would have a better quality sound....here is the problem.
Would you advice me to make a mixdown of the entire project and to introduce it in a new project in 44k ? Then to do my voice reord? Because am at a point that I can't record the vocal part cause the CPU doesn't follow...thank you a lot and your questions were very pertinent, your brain is everywhere Rim, am very impressed...
Regards

Schimanski
Expert

Post by Schimanski » Sun Jan 20, 2013 4:18 pm

Don't know if this is the right place for my question but I couldn't find an answer at the fabfilter forum:
Can anybody tell me what is the meaning of "bM" and "NH" after the preset names of the Pro-C ?
Thanks in advance for answers.
PS:this plugin sounds great!

Trueyorky
Expert

Post by Trueyorky » Sun Jan 20, 2013 4:50 pm

I think you will find that is the presets sound designer...

http://www.fabfilter.com/products/sounddesigners.php

supanorton
Expert

Post by supanorton » Sun Jan 20, 2013 11:55 pm

Is the Pro-C worth getting for use on an iPad 2?

Rim
Site Admin

Post by Rim » Mon Jan 21, 2013 5:31 am

Anton, Yes, I think that's a good solution. Unless you can freeze your CPU intensive tracks to free up enough CPU in the mean time...

Supanorton, All the Fabfilter plugins work great on an iPad2 (it's what we use for testing here). Just make sure you disable CPU intensive modes like oversampling.

Rim

boone51
Expert

Post by boone51 » Mon Jan 21, 2013 10:33 am

I'll second what Rim just confirmed for you. I run Pro C on an iPad 2 just fine. It's awesome. Very impressed.

Geronimo
Expert

Post by Geronimo » Mon Jan 21, 2013 11:54 am

Where exactly do i find the oversampling option in Saturn?

Trueyorky
Expert

Post by Trueyorky » Mon Jan 21, 2013 12:37 pm

@Geronimo try this...

http://www.fabfilter.com/help/saturn/

Input and output controls
Besides the MIDI learn and Channel Mode buttons, the bottom bar controls various input/output options
HQ
The HQ (high quality) mode controls oversampling of the internal distortion algorithms. Adding distortion to a signal introduces digital aliasing effects, especially when applying a lot of drive. Enabling HQ mode will drastically reduce aliasing artifacts by oversampling the internal saturation section 8 times, at the cost of using more CPU power and introducing a very small latency.
Note: The HQ setting is not changed when you skip presets, but you can save its initial setting by overwriting the default preset.

Geronimo
Expert

Post by Geronimo » Tue Jan 22, 2013 1:32 am

Trueyorky wrote:@Geronimo try this...

http://www.fabfilter.com/help/saturn/

Input and output controls
Besides the MIDI learn and Channel Mode buttons, the bottom bar controls various input/output options
HQ
The HQ (high quality) mode controls oversampling of the internal distortion algorithms. Adding distortion to a signal introduces digital aliasing effects, especially when applying a lot of drive. Enabling HQ mode will drastically reduce aliasing artifacts by oversampling the internal saturation section 8 times, at the cost of using more CPU power and introducing a very small latency.
Note: The HQ setting is not changed when you skip presets, but you can save its initial setting by overwriting the default preset.
Thank you. I can't even turn HQ on, on an iPad3 ^_^

Rim
Site Admin

Post by Rim » Tue Jan 22, 2013 4:33 am

Geronimo, are you using Auria in 64-bit mode? I recommend using 32 bit mode if your CPU is high.

Rim