Bug regarding the automation

For bug reports only - non-bug related questions will be moved to appropriate forum.

Moderators: Corey W, Rim

Geronimo
Expert

Bug regarding the automation

Post by Geronimo » Sun Jan 13, 2013 9:39 am

I just wasn't able to move the automation points up until i restarted Auria. Can't say exactly how i got there, but the last action before the bug was "undo move control point".

Another one, but a serious one, is the same since the Auria launch. When i loop a track and set the automation that it acts like a fade in, but i'm not letting it fade out properly, because the loop is just a temporary thing, the volume won't follow the control points accurately. After the loop restarts the sound on the first control point has for a short moment the same volume that it has when the loop ends, although it's set to zero. After that short moment it follows the control points again, until the loop starts again. Sorry for not being very eloquent here, but i hope i explained it well enough.

Rim
Site Admin

Re: Bug regarding the automation

Post by Rim » Mon Jan 14, 2013 6:26 am

Thanks for the info. I'll look into it. I think the automation issue while looping is caused by the fact that automation needs a little time to catch up to the loop, and so you'll see this lag if you set up a loop with automation.

Rim

Geronimo
Expert

Post by Geronimo » Fri Jan 18, 2013 5:17 am

After freezing and defreezing a track several times the audio won't follow the automation points anymore. The volume level get's stuck wherever it get's started.

Rim
Site Admin

Post by Rim » Fri Jan 18, 2013 5:49 am

OK, thanks. I'll look into that.

RIm

Jus
Expert

Post by Jus » Fri Jan 18, 2013 7:27 am

Can I just ask a question on automation on this thread , didn't wanna start a new thread just to ask this :shock:

Is it possible to clear Automation on just one track to start again,or do you have to clear it all on all tracks

Is there a way round this
Cheers 8)

Rim
Site Admin

Post by Rim » Fri Jan 18, 2013 7:44 am

Currently the only way to clear automation on one track is to highlight all the points using the highlight tool, and then choose "Delete Automation Points" from the menu.

Rim

Jus
Expert

Post by Jus » Fri Jan 18, 2013 7:58 am

Many Thanks

Shay
Expert

Post by Shay » Fri Jan 18, 2013 1:51 pm

Hi Rim,

Thank you for this great app.
Just bought it and cannot stop working with it :D

I found that accurate positioning of a control point is sometimes can be a bit tough.
For example, if I want to position a volume control point at 0db I struggle between close values above and below until I get to the zero.
Sometimes after releasing the finger the value moves a bit.

Is it possible to add an optional manual fine tuning? A knob or keyboard to enter values in the edit window?

CEIsar
Expert

Post by CEIsar » Fri Jan 18, 2013 2:33 pm

agreed,finetuning the automation lane is a bit of a pain.
iPad Air 2 - WiFI - 128GB - iOS 9.1 - Auria Pro 2.01 - Roland Duo Capture EX

Shay
Expert

Post by Shay » Fri Jan 18, 2013 2:37 pm

One thing I forgot, a possible automation-lock will be great.
An X or Y lock will be even better.
That way after setting a specific time you can change just the value or after finding the right value you can move the position inside the time-bar.

10x

Rim
Site Admin

Post by Rim » Sat Jan 19, 2013 6:27 am

These are good suggestions.

Also, making the track you're working on full screen helps to fine tune automation points. Just pinch zoom vertically until the track you're interested in becomes full screen.

Rim

Shay
Expert

Post by Shay » Sat Jan 19, 2013 7:39 am

I became addicted to Auria :D .
My songs finally sound WOW after doing the proper mix and giving each instrument its place of honor.
None possible without Auria.

Thanks a lot.
Shay

Geronimo
Expert

Post by Geronimo » Sun Jan 20, 2013 8:17 am

On a completely different project i just lost all my automation points on one track. When i now want to access one of the previous used automation attributes Auria quits immediately.

Geronimo
Expert

Post by Geronimo » Sun Jan 20, 2013 8:34 am

Another minor bug just appeared, too. The thing that follows the timeline while playing just broke out of the loop and kept wandering, while the loop was still intact and played correctly.

Rim
Site Admin

Post by Rim » Sun Jan 20, 2013 1:17 pm

Can you let me know how to duplicate these issues? Exactly what do you do in each case to get these to occur?

Thanks,
Rim