The Working / Not working audio interfaces thread

For topics specifically about audio interfaces (USB, MFi, Camera Connection Kit)

Moderators: Corey W, Rim

dominicperry
Expert

Re: The Working / Not working audio interfaces thread

Post by dominicperry » Sat Jan 12, 2013 6:07 am

gsv wrote:kk so I have an 1818vsl which I purchased to go with the Auria App which I downloaded (version 1.05) yesterday for my iPad2 (running 6.0.1) expecting to be able to plug and play... I grabbed a powered 4 port usb (Belkin... yuck but it was cheap) and plugged it all in... big red light on USB Sync :(
Start a new thread called "Can't get VSL1818 to work" and someone will come to your rescue. (This thread is a list for known working or not working interfaces - someone who has a working 1818VSL may not look here again).

Dominic

gsv

Post by gsv » Sat Jan 12, 2013 6:28 am

dominicperry wrote:
gsv wrote:kk so I have an 1818vsl which I purchased to go with the Auria App which I downloaded (version 1.05) yesterday for my iPad2 (running 6.0.1) expecting to be able to plug and play... I grabbed a powered 4 port usb (Belkin... yuck but it was cheap) and plugged it all in... big red light on USB Sync :(
Start a new thread called "Can't get VSL1818 to work" and someone will come to your rescue. (This thread is a list for known working or not working interfaces - someone who has a working 1818VSL may not look here again).

Dominic

kk will do tks...

Turtlejon

Post by Turtlejon » Sat Jan 12, 2013 6:26 pm

Has anyone tried echo2 interface yet? They claim ipad compatibility. Looks like a cool box, 24/96, touch screen, clean sound, etc.

dominicperry
Expert

Post by dominicperry » Sun Jan 13, 2013 4:48 am

Turtlejon wrote:Has anyone tried echo2 interface yet? They claim ipad compatibility. Looks like a cool box, 24/96, touch screen, clean sound, etc.
It's on the list

http://auriaapp.com/Support/auria-audio-interfaces

as compatible but requires a powered hub.

Dominic

timmyg
Expert

Post by timmyg » Sun Jan 13, 2013 10:51 am

Hi all,

I'm thinking of buying a Focusrite 2i4 for iPad 2 with Auria so I can benefit from the 24 bit capabilities.
Can it use any usb powered hub or do only some work?

Can anyone recommend some usb powered hubs that are proven to work with the 2i4.
This will be my third interface after problems with others so just want to be sure!

Many thanks

timmyg
Expert

Post by timmyg » Sun Jan 13, 2013 11:54 am

Can anyone confirm that the iTrack Solo records at 24 bit on iPad in Auria?

The website says: 'some apps also allow 24 bit recording with the itack Solo'

Confused!

louparte
Expert

Post by louparte » Sun Jan 13, 2013 6:35 pm

I'm using ioDock. It works, w/a small bug once in a while. Sometimes some static on a channel. I change tracks and it's gone.

What about Presonus Audiobox? What about Roland Sonic Cell?
Do they work?

And is there a single list somewhere we can refer to w/o having to read 20+ pages?

Chris M
Expert

Post by Chris M » Mon Jan 14, 2013 5:47 pm

The PreSonus Audio Box should work, not sure about the Roland (we haven't tested it)--our list of compatible devices is here: auriaapp.com/Support/auria-audio-interfaces

Best,

Chris
WaveMachine Labs

garyshell
Expert

Post by garyshell » Mon Jan 14, 2013 6:57 pm

Chris M wrote:The PreSonus Audio Box should work, not sure about the Roland (we haven't tested it)--our list of compatible devices is here: auriaapp.com/Support/auria-audio-interfaces

Best,

Chris
WaveMachine Labs

Chris has that list beeen updated with the content from this thread, or only the ones you folks have tested yourselves?

Gary

dominicperry
Expert

Post by dominicperry » Tue Jan 15, 2013 3:50 am

louparte wrote: And is there a single list somewhere we can refer to w/o having to read 20+ pages?
No, the single list is the one linked to by Chris and me. It doesn't contain everything from this thread.

Use the search function or post a new thread asking about a specific interface.

In general, an interface must be USB Class Compliant to work with the iPad. If it works with the iPad it will work with Auria.
The only subtle exception is things like the Apogee One which allow certain parameters (e.g. input source) to be altered in Garage Band but cannot be changed in Auria or MT DAW or any other app I know of, for that matter.
The Apogee One works with Auria, but you need to use Garage Band to change the input parameters.

Dominic

garyshell
Expert

Post by garyshell » Tue Jan 15, 2013 9:40 am

dominicperry wrote:
louparte wrote: And is there a single list somewhere we can refer to w/o having to read 20+ pages?
No, the single list is the one linked to by Chris and me. It doesn't contain everything from this thread.

Use the search function or post a new thread asking about a specific interface.

The official list makes a great resource for someone shopping fo an interface. Using seach on this thread requires having a specific interface already in mind and therefore it does not provide a "shopping list" that the official one does. So someone new to Auria either has to rely on the official list or literally read through all of this thread to see what OTHER interfaces have been tried.

It really would be great if someone maintained a compliation of this "unofficial" list of interfaces that work or don't work. Ideally that shoudl be in the first message of this thread. Then folks who ask about interface x could be sent to the official and unofficial lists to review.

I took on a similar role in a huge thread about modifying a Sony Vaio Bios to enable virtual technology. The list grew to over 50 entries over time but became an often referenced list linked from several other forums. I wish I had the time to do so for this list, but sadly I just don't right now. Maybe another user here will step up.

Gary

autoexecncf

Mobile POD Experience - Line 6 Interface OK

Post by autoexecncf » Tue Jan 15, 2013 1:08 pm

Love the app guys. Using it on iPad 2 16gb no wifi, have had a few little rough spots here since I was an early adopter (bought it the day of release); mostly its pretty robust. I wanted to report to any users who used the Line 6 Mobile In device (Mobile POD) that the interface works with Auria pretty well, and that is what I am using. I have a few audio glitches with my ipad but I think they are with the ipad itself. The Mobile POD interface works just fine (this is not the Mobile In app, just the interface). Not saying buy one for this, but if you have one laying around the inputs seem to work fairly well with Auria. I use it with the THD Overloud amps too, good modeler. Now if I could only get one app that would do everything on the ipad in the same exact interface. The Mobile POD inputs show up as USB Input. Just for information, the Mobile Pod interface has a Line In and a Guitar In, and comes with a 1/8 to 1/4 guitar cable. Hope this helps someone.

Grahamguitarman

Post by Grahamguitarman » Tue Jan 15, 2013 4:01 pm

I've just bought the Alesis IO2Express 24bit audio/midi interface, and it works great on audio ( no midi cable so not been able to test midi yet).
Only caveat is that you need a powered USB hub with it ( careful because not all hubs work, my other hub just screws the sound and midi right up)

With this setup, recordings actually sound better and more detailed than my Tascam hardware digital multitrack !

yakko78

Post by yakko78 » Wed Jan 16, 2013 3:30 am

Bonjour,
I tried Auria with the Tascam m-164uf and Edirol m-16dx.
They are not compatible and not UC compliant.

Apogee One fully works with a powered hub, except for the input option, as you already know.

Great works guys.
Last update solved a lot of bugs. ;)

--
Vieri, Florence IT - iPad2 16Gb.

thumbslapper

Post by thumbslapper » Sat Jan 19, 2013 8:31 pm

grahamguitarman -

have you tried MIDI on the alesis IO2Express yet? I haven't read anywhere where MIDI hasn't worked on a interface yet, but...

what powered hub did you use?

the alesis goes for about $80 on amazon, seems like a good deal.

-carl