Bug - deleting unused project audio

For general questions or discussion of Auria.

Moderators: Corey W, Rim

gdog
Expert

Bug - deleting unused project audio

Post by gdog » Thu Jan 10, 2013 9:38 am

Hi,

If I record a long sample, then delete it, it doesn't get deleted from the project folder. The only way to delete it, is to load another project, choose import audio, then browse to its location & delete it - u can't delete from inside the original project because it will say the file's in use, when it isn't - another bug?

This is a minor thing, but can make uploading to dropbox an issue if you have lots of large unused audio file/s being backed up. Many thanks, & all the best <3

Rim
Site Admin

Re: Bug - deleting unused project audio

Post by Rim » Thu Jan 10, 2013 9:40 am

It's not a bug. It's doing that so if you press undo, the audio is still there.

That unused audio file should get deleted the next time you load that project. There's a cleanup function that will delete any unused audio in the project folder.

Rim

gdog
Expert

Post by gdog » Thu Jan 10, 2013 10:00 am

Hi Rim,

The cleanup function isn't working then, just tested a few times - lots of unused audiopaste files are still in project folder..

All the best <3

Anthony Alves
Expert

Post by Anthony Alves » Thu Jan 10, 2013 10:21 am

I get this all the time as well. I think a feature that warns you that once you decide to delete the file you won't be able to return it into the project even if you press undue. This allows me control over my files not the system. If I decide to get a file out of the project temporarily but want it back in later but let's say Auria crashes and needs a re-boot, then the file I eventually wanted to load back in has now been purged from the auto cleanup function. I say let me delete files from any folder at any time in whatever project I'm in. I too have to clean up my files like the user above states.

Rim
Site Admin

Post by Rim » Thu Jan 10, 2013 10:51 am

You're right. I've fixed that now.

Rim

gdog
Expert

Post by gdog » Thu Jan 10, 2013 4:11 pm

That was quick! Thanks Rim! :)

All the best <3

atomgram

Post by atomgram » Thu Jan 10, 2013 6:27 pm

I can't find a cleanup function anywhere and no documentation explaining any way to do this. Our 13 song project has ballooned into a monster. Thanks in advance.

Rim
Site Admin

Post by Rim » Thu Jan 10, 2013 8:31 pm

The cleanup is automatic. It's something that runs every time you load a project.

Rim