The "INT" in output matrix settings, what does it do.

For bug reports only - non-bug related questions will be moved to appropriate forum.

Moderators: Corey W, Rim

steviee8
Expert

The "INT" in output matrix settings, what does it do.

Post by steviee8 » Sun Dec 30, 2012 2:25 pm

I'm trying to understand what exactly this button does.
I have the presonus1818 and Focusrite 18i6 but can tell what this button does when either on or off.

Thanks.

Rim
Site Admin

Re: The "INT" in output matrix settings, what does it do.

Post by Rim » Sun Dec 30, 2012 2:37 pm

The INT button turns on or off the internal bus routing for that output. It works differently, depending on the bus:

- for subgroups, it enables or disables the subgroup output being sent to the master fader (as it normally is)
- for aux sends, it enables or disables the aux send being sent to the aux plugins.

Rim

steviee8
Expert

Post by steviee8 » Sun Dec 30, 2012 2:58 pm

Oh I see,
So if I have something routed to subgroup 1 it won't output of the master out if I'm for example trying to put a stereo mix together
Or if I dial a little audio thru Aux 1 or 2 it won't get to the actual plug in like reverb or delay.

So I guess this is designed to use a strictly an output or separate output to let's say a monitor mix? But if I wanted to I can achieve both by leaving the INT button on.

I guess I will now have to play with the settings.

Thanks Rim.

Rim
Site Admin

Post by Rim » Sun Dec 30, 2012 3:22 pm

Yes, normally you would leave the INT buttons enabled, but if you wanted to send your auxes to an external reverb box, or if you wanted to use your subgroups as a monitor mix, you would turn the INT buttons off.

Rim

steviee8
Expert

Post by steviee8 » Sun Dec 30, 2012 4:40 pm

Upon further testing there seems to be an issue when selecting MONO of either Aux router. (INT can be on or off)
With nothing dialed up in any aux, as soon as I choose MONO for either Aux send in the output routing and choose any output port the rest of the mix pans hard right.
If I route anything thru a subgroup this seems unaffected. All panning is fine among a subgrouped mix.

This issue happens on both my presonus 1818vsl or focusrite scarlet 18i6

Hope you find the issue.

Rim
Site Admin

Post by Rim » Sun Dec 30, 2012 5:27 pm

Ok, you may have found a bug in the INT functionality for aux sends. When you say the mix pans hard right, what do you mean exactly? Do you mean the mix being sent to the aux output?

Thanks,
Rim

steviee8
Expert

Post by steviee8 » Sun Dec 30, 2012 5:45 pm

Sorry. The entire mix gets panned hard right. Nothing being sent thru the aux. it simply pans everything hard right as soon as I choose MONO and I select any output port in the output matrix settings. (For the aux 1 or 2)

Hope that explains it. :)

Rim
Site Admin

Post by Rim » Sun Dec 30, 2012 8:39 pm

OK, sounds good. Looks like an easy one to fix.

Thanks,
Rim