The "Auria Wishlist Thread"

For general questions or discussion of Auria.

Moderators: Corey W, Rim

Lynn Fuston
Expert

Re: The "Auria Wishlist Thread"

Post by Lynn Fuston » Fri Nov 30, 2012 1:22 pm

If someone hasn't mentioned it, it would be nice if the names of the recorded Audio Files were derived from the actual track names on the faders. So whatever is recorded on the track labeled Bass, those files would be labeled as Bass 01-1, instead of Audio 01-1, Kick would be Kick 01 instead of Audio 2. This would greatly simplify keeping up with tracks as they are moved around or edited. Thanks.

mrufino1
Expert

Post by mrufino1 » Mon Dec 03, 2012 8:41 am

My first post here, and I just want to say Auria is brilliant. I can't believe the amount of mixing I have already gotten done on it in just 3 days, so cool to have my tracks with me and be able to fire it up so quickly. So, I read quite a number of pages on the thread, here's my wish list, even though it is amazing as is.
1. The ability to mute individual regions would be great. Such as, cutting an errant drum hit Andover silencing that region (non destructively I mean)
2. Having an eq on the reverb, even just a basic high and low pass, would be cool. Or maybe on the aux itself, independent of the plug in, by just having a basic version of the channel strip?
3. The ability to send to multiple buses. I use Harrison mixbus on my laptop, and they have their 8 buses set up as sends, maybe something like this would work, with a pop up box?

But as I said, I'm loving it as it is, thank you tremendously for the sale, I have already shown this to about 8 different people who got highly interested. Bought the micro warmer yesterday as well, I forgot how much I liked the vintage warmer when I had it.

HappyHarryNET

Post by HappyHarryNET » Mon Dec 03, 2012 10:39 am

Auria internal recording is 24-bit.

I am considering using the audio interface AKAI EIE 16-bit. Is using a 16-bit interface audibly discernable versus using a 24-bit audio interface?

I am curious because of the bit rate difference between the audio interface and Auria.

I purchased the app and have learned its operations just using built-in mic on iPad 3.
Harry James [singer/songwriter/web & blog author]
iPad3 32gb, AKAI EIE, FCA1616, FaderPort, RODE NT1A, AT2020, HS80M, ATHM50
"At the end of the day — you gotta have a song"

sleepingangel

Post by sleepingangel » Fri Dec 07, 2012 12:19 am

Hi Just wanted to add to all the other positive posts that this is truly an amazing app. I was fortunate to receive a $25 iTunes gift card for my birthday from my teenage son a couple of days before the big half off sale! When it went to $25...that was it for me!
I couldn't be happier...it so comfortable to work in it...I feel like I'm on my computer DAW...and yet the touch screen makes it ten times better than the computer programs I have. But the absolute best part of the whole app is the sound quality...it's just phenomenal...
I do have one request (so far) I would love to see some sort of groove clip looping whereby you can just drag the edge of the recording and create an infinite amount of loops...great for jamming and improvisation or drones etc. I got a little spoiled with this feature on my Computer Daws...
Thanks again for a work of art!! it's going to take me years to utilize it to it's fullest but even with my limited knowledge I'm having a blast
Maria

louparte
Expert

Post by louparte » Fri Dec 07, 2012 7:32 am

I wish for more default settings in the various FX & channel strip.

I'm not a pro-audio engineer. I'd just like to be able to choose from more than one or two default vocals,
acoustic guitars, orchestral strings, etc -- especially on the reverbs.

fredrikberg
Expert

Post by fredrikberg » Fri Dec 07, 2012 10:31 am

Hi!

I really dig your app. Its my main daw right now.

I really want to be able to put a gate after reverb. I know its kind of dated but still very useful for drums.

Is this possible in some way I haven't figured out yet?

Is it possible to implement in future updates?

Best regards
Fredrik Berg

Chris M
Expert

Post by Chris M » Fri Dec 07, 2012 11:47 am

Hello,

The only way to achieve this currently would be to bounce a copy of the drums with the desired reverb. Then, you can put this on a track and use the gate on the ChannelStrip. Hopefully this will let you achieve what you desire, but we will consider more flexible options for future updates as well.

Best,

Chris
WaveMachine Labs

fredrikberg
Expert

Post by fredrikberg » Sat Dec 08, 2012 2:37 pm

Hi!

Thank you! That was a good advice. I hadn't thought of that. Will try it.
Recieved update yesterday. Now convolution reverb problem I had earlier is solved.

/Fredrik

ETW

Post by ETW » Mon Dec 10, 2012 11:39 pm

First- Auria is the best designed iOS DAW ever! In a class by itself , a league of it's own.

Second- Auria NEEDS Audiobus as it is the best designed a most paradigm shifting iOS music app thus far and by far!

Third- I understand that Auria/Audiobus compatibility is on the way but...... I am concerned that Audiobus could be perceived as a threat to the business model of the Auria " Store" as it ostensibly circumvents Wavemachine Labs exclusive market for 3rd party plugins available within the Auria signal chain.

Fourth - If point three is in fact a concern then have a stiff drink and move quickly toward Audiobus linkage regardless. You are an island ( albeit a beautiful one) in what has become essentialy overnight- a sea of sound systems. Don't dawdle here. Buck up little soldier and become the prime destination for the output of these audio voyagers.

LOVELOVELOVE

ArcTreeComplex

Post by ArcTreeComplex » Wed Dec 12, 2012 11:55 am

Best daw for iPad,
Midi/virtual instrument tracks could be extremely usefull especially for those who make electronic music (just like me :lol: )
Attachments
image.jpg
(961.05 KiB) Downloaded 351 times
There are synths, analog synths and the Moog

ericvw

Post by ericvw » Wed Dec 12, 2012 12:18 pm

Wordclock options? I would love to be able to clock to an external source, especially my Apogee Mini-Me (which doesn't have a digital in to clock from).

DavePDX
Expert

Post by DavePDX » Wed Dec 12, 2012 3:07 pm

A small thing, but I would be so grateful to be able to disable the default return-to-start when double-tapping the stop button. I've lost my place so many times when editing, trying to locate a section of a song only to accidentally tap stop twice and auto return to the beginning!

supanorton
Expert

Post by supanorton » Wed Dec 12, 2012 3:24 pm

DavePDX wrote:A small thing, but I would be so grateful to be able to disable the default return-to-start when double-tapping the stop button. I've lost my place so many times when editing, trying to locate a section of a song only to accidentally tap stop twice and auto return to the beginning!
+1

mtingle
Expert

Post by mtingle » Wed Dec 12, 2012 4:15 pm

'ideally' double tapping the stop button should return to previous marker, then previous loop in point and finally to start of song.

Anthony Alves
Expert

Post by Anthony Alves » Sun Dec 16, 2012 1:38 am

Rim wrote:Video import from camera roll sounds easy, but requires a lot of work to make the existing import screen support this. This will get added, but I want to focus on getting rid of some of the more pressing bugs first.

Rim
Thanks Rim and loving Auria more each day.