About the 50% price off sale of Auria today...

For general questions or discussion of Auria.

Moderators: Corey W, Rim

Erik dP
Expert

About the 50% price off sale of Auria today...

Post by Erik dP » Fri Nov 30, 2012 4:16 am

...are there any IAP that are on sale as well?
Song writer http://www.youtube.com/erikdepomian
"Your Comfort Lie" "White Feather" "Canyons" "Where No Monsters Go" ...and more.

Trueyorky
Expert

Re: About the 50% price off sale of Auria today...

Post by Trueyorky » Fri Nov 30, 2012 6:37 am

IAP prices through the app look normal.

Rim
Site Admin

Post by Rim » Fri Nov 30, 2012 6:45 am

No, only the app itself is on sale, and only for one day (today).

Rim

Erik dP
Expert

Post by Erik dP » Fri Nov 30, 2012 6:50 am

Thank's. (I've spread the words.)
Song writer http://www.youtube.com/erikdepomian
"Your Comfort Lie" "White Feather" "Canyons" "Where No Monsters Go" ...and more.

Phil999
Expert

Post by Phil999 » Fri Nov 30, 2012 7:06 am

in my opinion, this is a bad idea to do such sales. No quality software or app has this. A quality software has a price, and that's it. Maybe a student version for young ones, educational versions, stuff like that. Reducing the price for one day reminds me of a lottery, a game of chance. It gives the impression of cheapness. I think quality software doesn't need this to promote sales. And of course, needless to say, it doesn't really please existing customers. It makes them look a bit stupid.

But that's just a general opinion from me, I had this thought long time ago, be it hardware or software/app. And I certainly don't want to start a discussion about it. I'm happy and don't mind WaveMachine Labs doing sales, maybe it's part of their business model, I don't care at all. Just a bit surprised to learn they are also 'one of them'. :P

jukeboxjoe
Expert

Post by jukeboxjoe » Fri Nov 30, 2012 7:59 am

If I wrote Auria, I would love to every now and then do something crazy like that. I do that with my music. Once in a while I hand out a freebie, sometimes to generate interest, but other times, just because. It's my music and I can do whatever I want with it. I would feel the same about my software. I wouldn't feel slighted in the least knowing I paid full price to find out that one day it was half off. It might be one of those "darn!" moments, but certainly nothing I would hold against the developer!

(my 2 cents)

kwalker0210
Expert

Post by kwalker0210 » Fri Nov 30, 2012 9:14 am

Hi everyone! I just joined and I wanted to chime in: I have kept my eye on this app ever since it was first announced. I agree that Auria is significantly better than most other DAW apps available for the iPad, but I had a very strong "psychological barrier" to paying $49.99. 9 minutes after the price was dropped to 50% off, I did not hesitate to tap the "buy now" button. I don't know how many (if any) other iPad users have had a similar decision, but I think the payoff for the company will be a dramatically increased user base, which will lead to more people talking about Auria, and hopefully, more people buying Auria. I wouldn't mourn over this promotion: Propellerhead Software recently gave free upgrades to its entire installed base of Reason 5 Users to introduce their version of the "in app purchase" called Rack Extensions. From what I can tell, it was worth giving away an upgrade they could have sold to their existing customers. I believe Auria is being positioned in a similar fashion: imagine how many people will buy the MIDI Plugin, when it becomes available as an in app purchase, along with all the VST Instruments that are to come. Wow, pretty long post for my first entry! Thanks for listening.

boone51
Expert

Post by boone51 » Fri Nov 30, 2012 9:23 am

I have several friends who were very excited when I gave them this awesome news. It doesn't make your software look cheap to me, and I'm not bitter that I paid "full price" for the app. I hope you guys make a sizable profit from this amazing work you've done. If lowering the price for a day gets more people access to it and grows our small community some, I'm all for it. Kudos to you for giving others the opportunity to experience the awesomeness that is Auria at a lower price. To be honest, I would have paid more for the app if I'd known what I know now and I can't wait to give you some more of my money when the new update drops. Go Auria!

Anthony Alves
Expert

Post by Anthony Alves » Fri Nov 30, 2012 2:11 pm

Well I guess all the New Auria users can thank the loyal first users who paid full price to help report some 80 bugs and improvement recomendations that are finally fixed just in time for the new 1/2 price users to enjoy. Today I almost purchased the rest of the MoRevox IR files and additional GoG files and literally nearly pressed the buy button. So glad I found out about the sale. Seems I saved myself $25 after all.

Love the app and can't wait till the new update is released so I can finally use Auria to it's full potential..

Rim
Site Admin

Post by Rim » Fri Nov 30, 2012 2:55 pm

Anthony, only the app is on sale today, not the in-app purchases.

Rim

Waterbound

Post by Waterbound » Sat Dec 01, 2012 2:46 pm

Hi, I have not been able to purchase this app, every time I try to purchase I get a 'declined' notification. I then go through the stes to reconfirm the credit card information but still says declined. This is a good credit card with absolutely no issues, only declined when trying to buy the Auria specific app while on sale. What should I do, any thoughts? I did email support this but have not received any reply as of current and hope to not miss this sale. I am new to the forum as well and look forward to working with this app soon so hoping someone from Auria can point me in the right direction. I can call an purchase over the phone etc, whatever works.
Thanks in advance for any assistance anyone can offer.

Trueyorky
Expert

Post by Trueyorky » Sat Dec 01, 2012 4:23 pm

Check you have enough free memory on your iPad - delete some apps if necessary you can always re-install them later. I now run this on iPad 3 but first installed it on iPad 1 so it should load. Good luck.

Rim
Site Admin

Post by Rim » Sat Dec 01, 2012 5:12 pm

We don't have any control over sales, that's all handled by Apple. The only thing we can suggest is to contact them.

Rim

trupro
Expert

Post by trupro » Mon Dec 03, 2012 12:41 pm

while i surely would have liked to have obtained Auria at half price, i do not regret buying it earlier at full price. The app is certainly worth what i paid for it, and sales are a good way to earn word-of-mouth recommendations from people who would have otherwise not bought Auria. Hence your doubters become your most allied customers, since they got a great deal on it. No one that payed full price should feel bad, since the price does not go down permanently. Would certainly relish a plug-in sale though! :D

Anthony Alves
Expert

Post by Anthony Alves » Mon Dec 03, 2012 4:01 pm

No regrets purchasing Auria and looking forward to some new plug-ins. I just hate missing a sale. Cheers