The Working / Not working audio interfaces thread

For topics specifically about audio interfaces (USB, MFi, Camera Connection Kit)

Moderators: Corey W, Rim

Hardcore Troubadour

Re: The Working / Not working audio interfaces thread

Post by Hardcore Troubadour » Sat Oct 27, 2012 2:25 pm

I have been reading for awhile but just now posting....I have seen it discussed and read that it was fixed with the last update but channels 1 & 2 are still backwards when using my Alesia's I/O dock.....I am also still getting a crash report every time I boot a new session........suggestions?

Hardcore Troubadour

Post by Hardcore Troubadour » Tue Oct 30, 2012 2:53 pm

I am guessing that means no.....

Tylejc

Post by Tylejc » Fri Nov 02, 2012 3:44 pm

I have some questions about the whole auria thing.presonus says that the audiobox 1818vsl can record up to 18 tracks simotaneously.can you use any kind of adat interface with the presonus.like a behringer 8 channel adat interface?i really want to record 16 tracks simotaneously but I need more knowledge on how this all works.i know with the camera connection kit and a powered USB hub you can hook up the audiobox.Now how do you go about hooking up an 8channel adat interface,and how does it all link together to run all 16 channels???? Please help me understand.this is all kinda new to me.

Scott O

Post by Scott O » Sat Nov 03, 2012 5:03 am

@Tylejc - the ADA8000 hooks up to the 1818VSL by way of two fiber optic cables, one outbound and the other inbound carrying both audio and sync. Look for the Adat connectors on the back of the 1818VSL.

Hope this helps.

Tylejc

Post by Tylejc » Sat Nov 03, 2012 1:04 pm

Thanks @Scott O...this is new to me.i never used adat interfaces before.after perchasing auria I want to make my recording expand.

Anthony Alves
Expert

Post by Anthony Alves » Sun Nov 04, 2012 4:13 pm

Kwaazi wrote::D Hey everyone, just joined and thinking about getting the new Focusrite iTrack Solo .... will it be compatible?
Yes it should as my Focusrite 2i2 works great and I believe the Solo is pretty much the same unit. Very good sound and a well built unit. Cheers.
~~_/)~~~

scarlettman

Post by scarlettman » Thu Nov 08, 2012 2:48 pm

Hi Guys, Iam new to forum. I have a focusrite scarlett 2i4 and I think it needs a powered usb to work with Auria? Can anyone suggest a suitable powered usb? Many thanks!

BBQ Boogie

Post by BBQ Boogie » Fri Nov 09, 2012 8:59 am

Kwaazi:

Did youngest the iTrack Solo? If yes, any reviews?

Thanks,

BBQ

Anthony Alves wrote:
Kwaazi wrote::D Hey everyone, just joined and thinking about getting the new Focusrite iTrack Solo .... will it be compatible?
Yes it should as my Focusrite 2i2 works great and I believe the Solo is pretty much the same unit. Very good sound and a well built unit. Cheers.
~~_/)~~~
More BBQ! More Boogie!

scarlettman

Post by scarlettman » Fri Nov 09, 2012 1:03 pm

PLEASE HELP ME! Focusrite 214 problems

have tried connecting my usb 2 powered hub, camera kit, Ipad, and Focusrite 214 and I'am still having problems.

When I connect everything up the usb indicator on the 2i4 flickers for a couple seconds, and so do the Gain indicators. After that my ipad freezes and I have to restart my ipad it to get it working. This happens wherther Auria is open or not.

I tried connecting my usb hub & 214 to my pc, & I downloaded usb drivers for my pc. No problems working with my pc. The 2i4 usb indicator was on solid, all the time, and the Gain incators worked fine.

Not sure what to try next or where the problem lies? Help!

Thanks
Scarlettman

DavePDX
Expert

Post by DavePDX » Mon Nov 12, 2012 11:44 am

The Tascam iM2 stereo mic shows up as mono. If you create a stereo track, it records on the left channel only.
The mic works in stereo with MultiTrack DAW, Garageband, TwistedWave & the native video camera. It would be great if you could get it going in Auria.

Anthony Alves
Expert

Post by Anthony Alves » Mon Nov 12, 2012 12:57 pm

Just reporting that the Focusrite 2i2 is working fine with Auria on the NEW iPad 4th gen and the Lightning USB Camera Connector. Cheers
~~_/)~~~

will
Expert

Post by will » Sat Nov 17, 2012 7:34 am

The RME Babyface now works in CC mode :)

lpearse

Post by lpearse » Sat Nov 17, 2012 8:04 pm

The A.R.T. Voice Channel works great as a studio interface, giving two channels over USB with the CCK, one as the output and the other as any external FX via the insert. This is great, as I've been using it in my studio with everything else turned off so it's super quiet I.e. no computer fans or spinning hard drives, for recording SFX and Foley for a film I'm working on.

Thanks Auria, :D

Lukas

Tlgdmb123

Post by Tlgdmb123 » Sun Nov 18, 2012 5:15 pm

Hi I have the following which seems to work fine with an unpowered usb hub via cck on new Ipad 4.

http://www.amazon.co.uk/External-Sound- ... 42&sr=8-16

You can preselect the required input in garageband as per to apogee one mentioined elsewhere so we need Rim to add the audio input selection as before in another post.

I'll be interested to see if the multi out is suported when we get the 1.04 update.

This unit seems to only support digital input at 48k but as cheap fully mobile solution it is not bad and allows digital input via my portable edirol mixer which has digital out :)

jpomeroy3

Post by jpomeroy3 » Mon Nov 26, 2012 6:57 pm

I don't understand how to hook up the PreSonus 1818VSL, powered hub and camera connection kit to the iPad.
Is there a diagram somewhere?