iPad 4

For general questions or discussion of Auria.

Moderators: Corey W, Rim

Rim
Site Admin

Re: iPad 4

Post by Rim » Fri Oct 26, 2012 3:07 pm

Thanks, yes - we'll have the new iPads here on Nov 2nd, and will report how they work with Auria asap.

Rim

anton06
Expert

Post by anton06 » Fri Oct 26, 2012 8:15 pm

Hi all, am going to have the IPad 4 on Friday 2nd of November, in a week and am really excited...the processor A6X will forcibly give a huge push up to the CPU so it means no need to put the buffer high so no delay in headphone while recording and also a possibility to able the effects during the audio recording which means a better control of the voice during the recording itself... I always disliked to put plugs after recording my voice because the intention and the interpretation when you sing isn't the same with an effect in real time and after having recorded. So the Ipad 4 it will be a huge plus for those who like real time effects and also who like using a lots of plugins per track, of course it will be. There is one thing about am very disappointed is that n Auria the conceptions aren't adding new plugins...they added recently rock drums but we don't need internal apps...we can already get so many apps in the APPLESTORE to make nice rhythms (electro and acoustic drums) and to copy and past the patterns created from those apps to Auria so the recent adds of drums n Auria are totally useless in my opinion...WHAT WE REALLY NEED ARE NEW PLUGINS. We have only echo, reverb, micro warmer, THM, PRO-Q but we need more diversity...like for example adding them from in Logic Studio Pro which has a very large panel of plugins. Of course am not asking to get an equivalent of Logic Studio Pro on Auria but it should be the main direction and in my opinion the evolution of Auria in a matter of plugins adds is really too slow........finally it would only be a matter of adding some new plugs oftenlywkwkwkwkwk and a matter of the customers (us) to pay for the new packages. So am asking you, Rim, please, to enquire to the Auria team to think more in that direction which would really give a push up to Auria. Thanks for your attention and let see this new IPad 4 experience through Auria. :D

Rim
Site Admin

Post by Rim » Sat Oct 27, 2012 4:18 am

Anton,

We really hope the iPad 4 will live up to your expectations! We have no idea yet, because we ordered ours at the same time. We'll let you know how it goes as soon as we receive ours.

As far as plugins, we're about to release another one in the next version. We'll have details soon. There are more in the works as well. If you want a specific plugin, please email your favorite plugin developer and let them know you want an Auria version! We'll be glad to talk with any plugin developer that's interested.

Thanks,
Rim

anton06
Expert

Post by anton06 » Sat Oct 27, 2012 1:25 pm

Hey Rim, thanks for your answer! :D
I've read an analyse which says the IPad 4 would be 2x2 cadence of processor which means 4 giga hertz of processor speed and this is a loooooot!!!
It should run even faster than my actual MacBook Pro which as 3 years old...that's amazing...
We'll receive the iPad at the very same moment!! Enjoy your tests and let's hope for the bests results and satisfaction.
:wink:

newbreednet
Expert

Post by newbreednet » Sat Oct 27, 2012 5:45 pm

Maybe we were all a little giddy at the thought of a dual-core 2Ghz... perhaps more likely is something in the range of a dual-core 1.5Ghz... (and if we're honest will have to settle for the same 1GB RAM...)

It fascinates me to read other more "general iPad use" forums that wonder why the iPad needs to get faster... (so that we can run more plugins dummy!!) Joking aside, I think we are hella lucky to have a developer that decided that iPad was a platform worth taking on with a decent DAW...

Dubhausdisco
Expert

Post by Dubhausdisco » Sat Oct 27, 2012 6:34 pm

Ok, now I see. I could have sworn I posted last night on this, ( either it was pulled, or I got distracted by the baby.. )

I never heard a word about iPad 4.. It was all about the mini! That's why I was confused as to why Auria users were excited for it...

As an iPad3 owner (6 months ago), I really don't care one way or the other that they introduced a new one so soon. It's not like we are made of money anyways.
dubhausdisco

iPad 3
iOS 7.0.4
Akai EIE
Auria 1.14

newbreednet
Expert

Post by newbreednet » Sat Oct 27, 2012 6:50 pm

I'm just fascinated by what is possible.

Dubhausdisco
Expert

Post by Dubhausdisco » Sat Oct 27, 2012 6:59 pm

Absolutely!
I wonder if this one will run even hotter than than the 3...
Went out almost immediately and got a laptop fan cooler for it.

The other concern would of course be if the lightning-to-dock adapter will still support the cck
dubhausdisco

iPad 3
iOS 7.0.4
Akai EIE
Auria 1.14

anton06
Expert

Post by anton06 » Sat Oct 27, 2012 7:12 pm

We know how powerfull will be the Ipad 4 through sophisticated tests already done on the A6X chip. However, we feel confident suggesting Apple has mated two A6X ARM cores running at 1.5GHz each so it means 3giga hertz CPU with four PowerVR SGX543 cores running at 500MHz each and it makes another giga hertz of CPU so 4Giga hertz CPU in total !!! ones has to know what he is talking about before talking...lol...Given the performance results we saw with the iPhone 5, we expect the updated iPad will remain at the top of the tablet performance heap for some time!!!......
Yes it is a real huge update of the IPad pulling it up on a power of execution quite crazy actually, difficult to beleave I know but it is what It really is...Apple had to do this huge effort seeing the competitors in front of...... :D 8) :twisted:

anton06
Expert

Post by anton06 » Sat Oct 27, 2012 7:16 pm

PS and a major change on the 4 is that it won't get warm (47 degrees Celsius) as the 3 was getting...YOU'LL SEE IT SOON FRIENDS... Hey don't et angry not to get it!!! looooooool :o

Geronimo
Expert

Post by Geronimo » Mon Oct 29, 2012 10:09 am

I honestly hope that this won't change anything on the plan to improve the smoothness of the interface. That's the only thing i'm waiting for (and the bugfixes) :)

Rim
Site Admin

Post by Rim » Mon Oct 29, 2012 11:14 am

It won't change our plans on improving the interface. I'll always do my best to make sure everyone's covered.

Rim

Anthony Alves
Expert

Post by Anthony Alves » Wed Nov 07, 2012 3:38 pm

Running Auria on the New iPad 4th gen is amazing. Speeds like I've never seen. Everything works so much smoother and faster. Lovin every minute of it. Looking forward to Auria's update to 1.04. Cheers