Video Window strange behaviour

For bug reports only - non-bug related questions will be moved to appropriate forum.

Moderators: Corey W, Rim

PostGuy

Video Window strange behaviour

Post by PostGuy » Fri Oct 26, 2012 3:30 pm

Hi,

I've just created a project with video for the first time after last update, and I can't switch to full screen double-taping in the Video Window! After trying with every finger at every speed, the Video Window gets "locked": I can't do nothing but close it. I don't know it that "Locked Position" is a new feature or a bug, it could be useful, but I need the Full Screen to watch the movie from a certain distance... :(

Thanx

Rim
Site Admin

Re: Video Window strange behaviour

Post by Rim » Fri Oct 26, 2012 7:34 pm

Interesting. Can you tell me if it does this from the edit window, or the mix window (or both)?

Thanks,
Rim

PostGuy

Post by PostGuy » Sat Oct 27, 2012 7:35 am

Hi Rim,

I've done some tests:

Edit Window:
double-tap in the Video Window results in that "Locked Position" state, but double-taping again "un-locks" it. No Full Screen.

Mix Window:
Full Screen works, except for a weird thing around the movie frame boundaries, it's hard to explain, I attach a snapshot, look at the upper left corner and you will see a second image, smaller than the original, that shouldn't be there.

After that I opened an old project with a 4:3 movie: In full screen (Mix Window) I can see the 16:9 movie BEHIND the movie belonging to the project. Weird........ but not too bad.

That's All.

Thank you again.
Attachments
image.jpg
(101.66 KiB) Downloaded 470 times

Rim
Site Admin

Post by Rim » Sat Oct 27, 2012 1:10 pm

Ok, thanks. I should be able to fix the edit double-tap issue quickly. The other issue is an iOS issue, and I can't do anything about it. Hopefully they'll address it at some point.

Rim

PostGuy

Post by PostGuy » Sat Oct 27, 2012 1:15 pm

Great!

You have my vote for the Best Customer Support Ever Award.

virul3nt

Post by virul3nt » Sun Nov 04, 2012 6:54 pm

Just like to add that I've also experienced this exact same video window behaviour. I found rotating the iPad from landscape to portrait and back seemed to fix it, but obviously not the most elegant solution.

Could I also take this opportunity to bug Rim again about a true fullscreen option? The inability to use true fullscreen is preventing me from being able to use Auria for live backing tracks + backing visuals going to a projector.

I've got Auria on my iPad docked in an Alesis ioDock and that is running my live guitar and drumpads on the inputs with live FX via Auria. It's a great solution and at home it works with no hickups. I had a mini-tour on the weekend and it would've been great to use Auria, but instead I used a laptop because of the backing visuals. The moment Auria allows true full-screen visuals I'll be able to switch to it for live shows which would make meh happeh ^_^ I'd also be able to feature it in live blogs and stuff and hopefully draw more attention to Auria.

Rim
Site Admin

Post by Rim » Sun Nov 04, 2012 7:42 pm

That definitely makes sense for a feature, but I've got my hands full for 1.04. Perhaps 1.05...

Rim

virul3nt

Post by virul3nt » Sun Nov 04, 2012 10:57 pm

Brilliant - many thanks :)

Rim
Site Admin

Post by Rim » Fri Nov 09, 2012 7:46 am

I've fixed the double-tapping issue in the edit page, and added a true full-screen mode for the mixer page. So if you want the video window to take up the entire screen, just make sure you double-tap the video window from within the mixer page. Double-tapping from the editor page will still show the transport controls for maximum flexibility.

I also found a way to fix the artifacts when viewing a 16:9 movie in full screen.

These fixes will appear in 1.04

Rim

PostGuy

Post by PostGuy » Fri Nov 09, 2012 9:49 am

Great!

Thank you so much
Rim wrote: I should be able to fix the edit double-tap issue quickly.

Rim
That was really quickly, i'm impressed.

virul3nt

Post by virul3nt » Sun Nov 11, 2012 4:09 pm

Rim you absolutely rock! Thanks for this!