Impulse Response convolution reverb

For general questions or discussion of Auria.

Moderators: Corey W, Rim

darinf

Impulse Response convolution reverb

Post by darinf » Tue Oct 23, 2012 11:55 pm

Is there a way to load my own impulse response files to use with the convolution reverb? (I am using the VST plugin, Reverberate LE, currently and would like to do the same thing on my iPad instead of the PC.)

I am guessing this is not possible. It looks like the convolution reverb only works with preset IR files.

Please let me know.

Thanks in advance for your help,

-Darin

Rim
Site Admin

Re: Impulse Response convolution reverb

Post by Rim » Wed Oct 24, 2012 5:25 am

Yes, the convolution reverb is compatible with your own wav files. It's a matter of zipping up your wav files into a folder called IR Files (the capitalization is important). Or, alternatively, you can rename your files to .ir and copy them to the main Auria folder using iTunes File Sharing. There's a post on this forum which explains the steps involved in more detail.

Rim

darinf

Post by darinf » Wed Oct 24, 2012 11:29 am

Rim wrote:Yes, the convolution reverb is compatible with your own wav files. It's a matter of zipping up your wav files into a folder called IR Files (the capitalization is important). Or, alternatively, you can rename your files to .ir and copy them to the main Auria folder using iTunes File Sharing. There's a post on this forum which explains the steps involved in more detail.

Rim
Thanks for letting me know. That's great news.

I searched and could not find the post you are referring to.

Does the iPad 3 have enough processing power to apply two different convolution reverb effects on each of two channels in real-time? Basically all I need it to do is play back two channels of audio with a different IR file on each channel. I assume that's possible.

I just want to make sure what I want to do will work before buying the app. There's no trial version, right?

Thanks for your help,
-Darin

Rim
Site Admin

Post by Rim » Thu Oct 25, 2012 5:37 am

Here's the relevant post:
Rim wrote:Yes, you have two choices for using your own IRs:

1. Rename the ir file you want to use to .ir For example room.WAV should be room.ir Copy this file into Auria's main (root) folder using iTunes File Sharing

2. Add your WAV files into the IR Files folder. To do this, you'll need to create a folder on your PC/Mac called IR Files. The capitalization is important. Then, copy the files into this folder. Zip the folder, then copy the zip file into Auria's main (root) folder.

Make sure you close/reopen convolution reverb to see any changes.

Rim

As far as running multiple convolution reverbs, yes, you should be able to run 3 or 4 at once with no issues.

Rim