The Working / Not working audio interfaces thread

For topics specifically about audio interfaces (USB, MFi, Camera Connection Kit)

Moderators: Corey W, Rim

mrpollack

Re: The Working / Not working audio interfaces thread

Post by mrpollack » Mon Oct 08, 2012 7:42 am

Hi Guys
I just bought Tascam iU2 in good price..Do you think it would work with Auria with no problems ?
Thanks,

supanorton
Expert

Post by supanorton » Mon Oct 08, 2012 9:50 am

I was considering buying one of these too, but there were too many bad reviews, and no one on this forum recommended it. I ordered the Focusrite Scarlett 2i2 because the vast majority of reviews are very good, and it comes highly recommended for use with Auria. Focusrite also released a made for iPad interface called the iTrack solo, which is in the same price range as the Tascam iU2 in the United States.

Phil999
Expert

Post by Phil999 » Mon Oct 08, 2012 2:02 pm

mrpollack wrote:Hi Guys
I just bought Tascam iU2 in good price..Do you think it would work with Auria with no problems ?
Thanks,
it works well with Auria. But I'm not sure if I could recommend the iU2. With iOS 6 it seems to work reliably, which is a relief. Even background audio (for example, running Animoog in the background and playing its notes with Orphion). This wasn't possible under iOS 5, and there were a lot of apps that had distorted sound. iOS 6 clearly handles audio better, and it appears that the iU2 wasn't the culprit, it was iOS 5.

mrpollack

Post by mrpollack » Mon Oct 08, 2012 3:13 pm

Phil999 wrote:
Thanks,
it works well with Auria. But I'm not sure if I could recommend the iU2. With iOS 6 it seems to work reliably, which is a relief. Even background audio (for example, running Animoog in the background and playing its notes with Orphion). This wasn't possible under iOS 5, and there were a lot of apps that had distorted sound. iOS 6 clearly handles audio better, and it appears that the iU2 wasn't the culprit, it was iOS 5.
Thanks for this info :-)
I hope mine will work as well..Have to wait till Thursday though..Anyway I think I will have to find something 24 bit AD like Sonoma Guitar Jack or so..will see..

Anthony Alves
Expert

Post by Anthony Alves » Thu Oct 11, 2012 12:32 pm

After the new update , when my iPad goes to sleep while plugged into the CCK and my Focusrite 2i2, when I wake the iPad by pressing the home button, Auria crashes. Dont know if this is happening to other usb audio devices. Not sure why Auria even allows the iPad to sleep,not good if your tracking. I've disabled my lock screen and no problems. Garageband won't let your iPad go to sleep mode/lock screen. Anyone else having this occur to them? Cheers

mrpollack

Post by mrpollack » Thu Oct 11, 2012 2:57 pm

Anthony Alves wrote:After the new update , when my iPad goes to sleep while plugged into the CCK and my Focusrite 2i2, when I wake the iPad by pressing the home button, Auria crashes. Dont know if this is happening to other usb audio devices. Not sure why Auria even allows the iPad to sleep,not good if your tracking. I've disabled my lock screen and no problems. Garageband won't let your iPad go to sleep mode/lock screen. Anyone else having this occur to them? Cheers
I've never seen my Auria sleeping..
Cheers,

mrpollack

Post by mrpollack » Thu Oct 11, 2012 2:59 pm

Finally I just bought Apogee One and now wait for delivery..I hope it will work nicely :-)

Anthony Alves
Expert

Post by Anthony Alves » Fri Oct 12, 2012 11:58 am

mrpollack wrote:Finally I just bought Apogee One and now wait for delivery..I hope it will work nicely :-)
I use the Apogee One and it works wonderfully and why won't your iPad go to sleep, mine goes to sleep every 2 mins. Lol. Cheers.

Cam

Post by Cam » Sat Oct 13, 2012 11:15 pm

Hi, and thanks for Auria.

I am new to the forum and new to Auria. I wanted to let everyone know that the new Focusrite 2i4 works great with Auria, but It still needs powered USB hub to run.

Thanks again

Pointyhat
Expert

Post by Pointyhat » Mon Oct 15, 2012 5:55 am

Hi has anyone had any success connecting a korg Kronos via USB to auria? I can connect my Kronos via the camera conection kit to my ipad 3 and record and play back within garage band without any problem. However with auria the sound over USB is full of hiss and pops and the application crashes on playback.

Ipad 3 iOS 6 auria 1.031 Kronos 2.01

LEVCHUK

Post by LEVCHUK » Fri Oct 19, 2012 12:19 am

Z
Last edited by LEVCHUK on Fri Oct 19, 2012 12:25 am, edited 1 time in total.

LEVCHUK

Post by LEVCHUK » Fri Oct 19, 2012 12:21 am

LEVCHUK wrote:
Thanks,
It's skips down from time to time,bitchy. I am going through it away
And it's only 16bit, yes did I mention it skips for instance during manipulating efx:((

mrpollack

Post by mrpollack » Fri Oct 19, 2012 8:25 am

LEVCHUK wrote:
LEVCHUK wrote:
Thanks,
It's skips down from time to time,bitchy. I am going through it away
And it's only 16bit, yes did I mention it skips for instance during manipulating efx:((
I sold Tascam and bought Apogee One..whole deferent world..very nice sound :-)

Kwaazi

Post by Kwaazi » Sun Oct 21, 2012 7:19 am

:D Hey everyone, just joined and thinking about getting the new Focusrite iTrack Solo .... will it be compatible?

hselburn
Expert

Post by hselburn » Tue Oct 23, 2012 1:45 am

Would this headphone amp work for the 1818vsl in Auria? It's presonus so I hope so. http://www.sweetwater.com/store/detail/HP4/