Great Drum loops for use in Auria

For general questions or discussion of Auria.

Moderators: Corey W, Rim

drtonedog

Great Drum loops for use in Auria

Post by drtonedog » Tue Oct 09, 2012 2:10 pm

Been rocking Auria since it's release and loving it!...Stumbled upon an ipad app of fantastic drum loops at various tempo's
that work great in Auria - they have basic patterns, fills, crashes, etc. - a real songwriter's toolbox.....
It's called Drum Loops HD:
http://itunes.apple.com/us/app/drum-loo ... 28015?mt=8

Haven't heard the Hollywood Big Rock Drum loops but I really dig these....
cheers!

Jus
Expert

Re: Great Drum loops for use in Auria

Post by Jus » Wed Oct 10, 2012 11:27 am

:roll: Any chance of posting a sample of these drum loops so's we can have a little listen
:lol:

Edit : It's OK there's a free version with a few demo loops on yeah sounds good :wink:

fusionarts
Expert

Post by fusionarts » Wed Oct 10, 2012 3:06 pm

couldn't get it to play the loops even though my sound was all the way up...has anyone else ran into this?
"In cordibus nostris Iesus in aeternum vivat"
“L i v e J e s u s i n o u r h e a r t s, f o r e v e r”
-----------------------------------------------------------
iPad Pro - 128GB - iOS 9.3 - Auria Pro

Penguino

Post by Penguino » Thu Oct 11, 2012 11:19 am

These loops seems good enough for quick songwriting.
700 loops, many styles, with an easy copy paste fonction. Some 6/8 too, but no unusual signature.

If anyone took the full version, give us a little review pliz :)

Steve White
Expert

Post by Steve White » Thu Oct 18, 2012 6:56 pm

Yep

I own Drum Loops HD too and it's good but you are stuck with set tempo's. So I use Drums XD. I do a mixdown in Auria minus the drums and then put the mixdown into Garage Band and which now let's you play a different app at the same time and they sound really good.

I think they both have a use and I also have Drumagog.

Steve

donratto
Expert

Post by donratto » Sat Oct 20, 2012 4:33 am

Drumbeats+ is also good. Similar to HD but all loops are playable at 5bpm increments from 70 to 190bpm. Would be great to have a sliding scale but it's still pretty versatile and drums sound good too.

supanorton
Expert

Post by supanorton » Sat Oct 20, 2012 7:18 am

donratto wrote:Drumbeats+ is also good. Similar to HD but all loops are playable at 5bpm increments from 70 to 190bpm. Would be great to have a sliding scale but it's still pretty versatile and drums sound good too.
Drumbeats+ doesn't not have any fills, bridges, or choruses. I contacted the developer a month or so ago about this and was told the app was originally designed for practice, not recording. I was also told more variations and fills were coming for the iOS recording crowd. They have had one or two updates since then, but haven't added any fills or alternate beats yet.

supanorton
Expert

Post by supanorton » Sun Oct 21, 2012 11:26 am

Just another update regarding Drumbeats+. The developer will be releasing a seperate app especially for iOS recording. I wasn't given an ETA. If you're looking for more functionality from a drum loop app, I'd wait for the new app to be released. It will be called DrumBeats+ Live.

Taromusic

Post by Taromusic » Fri Oct 26, 2012 6:26 am

I'm using drum loops hd and I like it a lot!
I contacted the developer (it's the drummer himself btw) very nice guy and very helpful! There will be more updates regarding loops and fills soon he said, can't await :-)

Def. will check out drumbeats live as the lack of fills and crash sounds make it too limited for songwriting.

Does anybody know how to delete the sounds that have been stored in the audio copy/paste buffer? The drumbeats+ sounds seem to remain in the audiopaste buffer while files from drum loops hd will be written over with the new sound? I have the concern that it will use too much resources to have the sound files in the buffer...

Cheers

AcuDave

Post by AcuDave » Mon Oct 29, 2012 7:10 am

Hello thanks for the Drum Loops HD tip. Great sounding drums.
But what am I missing ? How do you paste them into Auria?
Pasting into GarageBand works great, but I can't get them to paste into Auria..any help?
Thanks

drtonedog

Post by drtonedog » Mon Oct 29, 2012 10:28 am

there may be a better way but what I do: In Auria, note the tempo of the project and then go to Drums HD and select that tempo, desired loop (and modern or vintage kit) and then for every loop, there's a "copy to clipboard" button - hit it - your loop is now in the clipboard....now go to your Auria project, select a track and go to the edit page, go to "Edit>paste" and enter the number of iterations of the copied loop to paste (auria even tells you how long in min/sec your repeating loops will cover - nice!) and boom - a beautiful high quality repeating loop of killer drums for you to spank the plank to....then after I have a few tracks outlining the basic song structure, I start pasting in intro's, fill's, etc. from drums HD, each on their own tracks....of course, I assign all these drum loops tracks to a sub so they can share a common reverb/eq, etc. - and then to free up CPU (IPAD2) I will usually use the mixdown feature to bounce my multiple drum tracks to a single track...Bwahaha!! (Cannot wait for audiobus cuz then things are gonna get really insane! - woo hoo!)...

JDB

Post by JDB » Sat Dec 29, 2012 3:00 pm

there may be a better way but what I do: In Auria, note the tempo of the project and then go to Drums HD and select that tempo, desired loop (and modern or vintage kit) and then for every loop, there's a "copy to clipboard" button - hit it - your loop is now in the clipboard....now go to your Auria project, select a track and go to the edit page, go to "Edit>paste" and enter the number of iterations of the copied loop to paste (auria even tells you how long in min/sec your repeating loops will cover - nice!) and boom - a beautiful high quality repeating loop of killer drums for you to spank the plank to....then after I have a few tracks outlining the basic song structure, I start pasting in intro's, fill's, etc. from drums HD, each on their own tracks....of course, I assign all these drum loops tracks to a sub so they can share a common reverb/eq, etc. - and then to free up CPU (IPAD2) I will usually use the mixdown feature to bounce my multiple drum tracks to a single track...Bwahaha!! (Cannot wait for audiobus cuz then things are gonna get really insane! - woo hoo!)...

Thanks for this info; I don't know what I'm doing wrong. After I "copy to clipboard" a Drums HD loop, I go to my Auria project, select a track in the edit page, and go to "Edit/Paste." "Paste" is grey (not black), and nothing happens when I click it. There's a lot of explanation in the Auria manual about apps not being allowed to copy files between themselves (except via Sonomoa Audiopaste and Audiocopy, which Drums HD does not support). Am I just being stupid here? (Also, FWIW, when I do use the Auria paste feature internally within Auria, I don't get the "number of iterations" option noted above, so there seems to be something fundamentally different between the Auria described above and the Auria I'm using (just downloaded last week).

Washboy
Expert

Post by Washboy » Sat Dec 29, 2012 6:24 pm

JDB wrote: After I "copy to clipboard" a Drums HD loop, I go to my Auria project, select a track in the edit page, and go to "Edit/Paste." "Paste" is grey (not black), and nothing happens when I click it.
That's because you should go to 'Edit > AudioPaste' ('Edit > Paste' is for pasting regions copied from within Auria).

JDB

Post by JDB » Sat Dec 29, 2012 11:38 pm

Washboy wrote:
JDB wrote: After I "copy to clipboard" a Drums HD loop, I go to my Auria project, select a track in the edit page, and go to "Edit/Paste." "Paste" is grey (not black), and nothing happens when I click it.
That's because you should go to 'Edit > AudioPaste' ('Edit > Paste' is for pasting regions copied from within Auria).
Thanks. That did it. Marieke (from Drums Loops HD) helped me with the following details (which I have edited a little):

1. Open your Auria project (in the right BPM), and in the edit window select the track you want the loop to be pasted into.

2. In the Edit menu select AudioPaste.

2. In the pasteboard window that opens, hit the arrow to the right of "source"--you'll get a new dialogue box with a scrolling list.

3. Scroll up in the list and select "General Pasteboard Unknown." Hit "Done" in the upper right corner.

4. The pasteboard window will reappear. In the "Source" line, "General Pasteboard" should now appear. Tap "paste" and you should see the loop appear on your selected track in Auria.