The "Auria Wishlist Thread"

For general questions or discussion of Auria.

Moderators: Corey W, Rim

offthesky
Expert

Re: The "Auria Wishlist Thread"

Post by offthesky » Thu Sep 06, 2012 1:15 pm

Geronimo wrote:I second that! That would be useful for single projects as well, the ability to copy and paste audio including the control points i mean. Maybe you could create an extra layer for the control points so that one can move them around on a whole, like you can do with the samples.
yeah i feel like the automation system in auria, though amazing and great(compared to automation systems within other iDAW's out there) needs some evolving - like being able to tap+drag(making the white selection area) and then be able to cut/copy/paste/or duplicate selected sections of only the control points on a given automation lane.

but also +1 to have the option to make control points move with a selected region(s).

also scrolling down the list of params to find one automation lane can get time consuming(especially when there are 500+ params for 4 effects on a track). if all the "used" automated lane's params(the bold+white highlighted ones in the params list for a track) could just show up at the top of the list, that would be a massive convenience.

noise.offthesky.com

chuen

Post by chuen » Thu Sep 06, 2012 1:22 pm

wish Auria to remember settings for new projects
By default it creates 24 tracks (i start with 2 and add further on)
Also latency default setting 256, I always have to change it to 128..

Geronimo
Expert

Post by Geronimo » Fri Sep 07, 2012 1:41 am

offthesky wrote:
also scrolling down the list of params to find one automation lane can get time consuming(especially when there are 500+ params for 4 effects on a track). if all the "used" automated lane's params(the bold+white highlighted ones in the params list for a track) could just show up at the top of the list, that would be a massive convenience.
Yeah, was thinking the same sometimes. Especially when you start using additional plug ins, which line up at the end of that list.
Or maybe a drop-out menu for each instance? So you can just click on whatever fx you want to change, and just then it will unfold all the available parameters. I think that would be the best option.

CEIsar
Expert

Post by CEIsar » Fri Sep 07, 2012 4:35 am

Rim wrote:Can you explain what you mean by "streaming audio from disk"? All DAWs, including Auria stream from disk.

Rim

sorry,my bad.Currently i don't own any DAW on iPad.Was not sure if there are significant differences to a Computer DAW in terms of streaming.Makes sense though.

Anyhow,more important was my wishlist above and my question regarding the retina display :wink:
iPad Air 2 - WiFI - 128GB - iOS 9.1 - Auria Pro 2.01 - Roland Duo Capture EX

CEIsar
Expert

Post by CEIsar » Thu Sep 13, 2012 4:58 am

i love auria so far but the editor is imo often way too sluggish to have a nice workflow (ipad 2).any chance to improve this a little?

i have one project with over 40 tracks (thats because auria splitted all files in two mono files when imported aaf from logic) but only 30 seconds long and it mostly hangs for 2-3 seconds when i scroll up or down
to the other tracks.i have another song with just 8-9 tracks but its only slightly better when it comes to scroll/zoom.

even when i set the waveform zoom to zero.

yes,auria is the only open app and bluetooth/wifi is off...

great software,cant wait for the midi update.
iPad Air 2 - WiFI - 128GB - iOS 9.1 - Auria Pro 2.01 - Roland Duo Capture EX

Geronimo
Expert

Post by Geronimo » Thu Sep 13, 2012 7:47 am

CEIsar wrote:i love auria so far but the editor is imo often way too sluggish to have a nice workflow (ipad 2).any chance to improve this a little?

i have one project with over 40 tracks (thats because auria splitted all files in two mono files when imported aaf from logic) but only 30 seconds long and it mostly hangs for 2-3 seconds when i scroll up or down
to the other tracks.i have another song with just 8-9 tracks but its only slightly better when it comes to scroll/zoom.

even when i set the waveform zoom to zero.

yes,auria is the only open app and bluetooth/wifi is off...

great software,cant wait for the midi update.
It's due to the display of the samples. There will be some display options later on, Rim said.

offthesky
Expert

Re: Audiobus audio streaming into Auria

Post by offthesky » Sun Sep 16, 2012 11:58 am

Rim wrote:If audiobus ever becomes official, we will definitely look into it.

Rim
apparently this has come to pass(thnx apple!!): http://audiobus.tumblr.com/post/3145308 ... d-by-apple

soooo, +1 on getting audiobus in auria at some point :)

noise.offthesky.com

offthesky
Expert

Post by offthesky » Mon Sep 17, 2012 3:56 pm

chuen wrote: 1b) Also, if set punch in/out points and do record in Loop mode... you just select the best one via plus sign which appears on bottom right side of that
++1 this: multi-take recording within a locator-looped playback area is super useful for obtaining that perfect take (which often takes many tries for me, especially with instruments i'm not familiar with). currently when there's a mistake, one must stop the playback, delete the bad take region, reset the playhead cursor and start the recording over(allot of in between steps to really interrupt being in the zone while recording)

noise.offthesky.com

offthesky
Expert

Post by offthesky » Fri Sep 21, 2012 2:22 pm

i know others have requested the option to be able to rename regions(which i definitely ++) but it would also be nice to be able to rename audio files within the file browser(like a rename button next to the delete button when you swipe left>right on a file?).

or if not the above then: when you give a track a special name, any files recorded on that track will adopt that track's name. i.e. if i name track 1 "bass", any file recorded on that track will be called 1_bass_01.wav or whatever. also to add to this, it would be nice that if you rename the track along the way, the files recorded on it would adopt the new name(since i'm limited on cpu i typically use one track to record everything with, to keep the fx setup there, and simply move those recordings to new tracks)

also when audio pasting, it would be most lovely to have an option to give the paste a unique name - so that when we're looking for a particular amongst hundreds within the browser(to re-import) - we can easily find what we're looking for(instead of having to guess or listen through them all to find the right one)

noise.offthesky.com

Geronimo
Expert

Post by Geronimo » Sat Sep 22, 2012 12:39 am

And i want to vote once again for the option that control points are somewhat glued to the audio file regions, because whenever i have to move audio regions i have to re-set the control points completely. Workflow downer.

Ishfaq

Post by Ishfaq » Sun Sep 23, 2012 12:31 pm

Not sure if this has been asked already, but can you add "open in" support please? If you use a download manager app on the iPad, it'll have an "open in" option. Currently Magellan has support so appears in the list, would be great to be able to select Auria there too. Just downloaded an acapella for a remix competition and its terrible hassle trying to get it into Auria. Unless I'm missing some simpler way, I ended up adding it to Dropbox, which required re-uploading it, so I could bring it in from there.

offthesky
Expert

Post by offthesky » Sun Sep 23, 2012 1:02 pm

yet another wishes for the list - i bet these would fit easily into current functionality and would really help increase workflow in auria i think:

the selection area(double tap+drag) allows "edit>cut" or edit>delete region - to easily remove or cut many regions across multiple tracks at once

menu>add track : if a track is selected(blue highlight around it), add track will put the new track right below the selected track(instead of all the way to the bottom) and not vertical zoom out all the tracks like it currently does.. or maybe otherwise some options added below "mono/stereo" in the add-track pop-up window to tell auria where to put the new track?

more options for "import as new tracK" in the menu>mixdown window : to be able to select a particular track onto which the mixdown will be placed, and to also have the option(like with import audio) to place the imported mixdown at the "current time position"... or at "start of song"

noise.offthesky.com

Checkrath
Expert

Post by Checkrath » Fri Sep 28, 2012 8:17 am

I'm absolutely loving Auria. This app has radically changed the landscape of ipad music production.

However, there are certainly some important features that will take this app even further. Some of these features have been mentioned before on this thread but I'll mention them again to give the equivalent of a +1.

The much needed Big features
- Sequence (MIDI) track that supports core MIDI
- Some synth/instrument or drum machine plugins
- Audiobus support
- Time stretching
- Copy region between projects
- Deesser plugin

Workflow improvements
- merge region.. please!
- low CPU mode i.e. like the disable effects while recording setting
- track notes
- easy repeat of audio loop (one of the handful of things Garageband gets right :) )
- copy settings/effects between tracks
- delete control points per track
- track notes

Usability improvements
- control point editing needs work
- simultaneous vertical and horizontal pinch zoom
- currently, selecting region pops it to the top hiding drop-in regions
- slicing etc. with gesture is a little cluncky
- Keep accidentally moving my markers when dragging the location pointer

Bugs
- my aux dials keep resetting whenever I click stop on the one project

Thanks again!

Anthony Alves
Expert

Post by Anthony Alves » Sat Sep 29, 2012 6:07 pm

Really need Auria to import video from my Camera Roll and to include the Open In function in the file importing of Auria. There are several Audio apps that I own that already do this and one audio app that imports video from my camera roll. Thanks.

Checkrath
Expert

Post by Checkrath » Tue Oct 02, 2012 3:48 am

Another common problem I'm experiencing is pasting in audio off the pasteboard always seems to create a stereo region, even if the copied audio is fundamentally mono in nature. Would it be possible to add a mono checkbox to the copy/paste dialog?