DrumaGog Crash

For general questions or discussion of Auria.

Moderators: Corey W, Rim

Katladraken
Expert

DrumaGog Crash

Post by Katladraken » Sun Sep 23, 2012 4:39 am

Hi!

I downloaded the Alt Drum Demo Kit for my DrumaGog Auria version via iTunes File Sharing as suggested, the folder was zipped and placed under the GogFiles folder.
When i open Auria and select Drumagog for the track where i want to add the new imported cymbals it crashes Auria instantly.
The new folder being added to Drumagog is called ( Documents Folder ) and once i select it Auria closes down.
After a couple of times trying to re-open Auria a new message appears, uncompressing files or something like that, after 2-3 files being automaticly Uncompressed Auria once again crash.

Any idea of what i am doing wrong? Also, is it possible to delete the corrupted folder i added and try it again? Or do i need to click the restore purshase, will it re-download a fresh install of Drumagog?

I am running iOs 6 on the new iPad.

Thanks!

/ Daniel

Edit : I used the default name of the sample kit folder being called " Alt Drums Demo Kit " but i can´t find it in the Gogfiles folder inside of iTunes, how can i find it to delete it?

Geronimo
Expert

Re: DrumaGog Crash

Post by Geronimo » Sun Sep 23, 2012 5:01 am

I have experienced, that when i'm changing a drumkit while in playback mode, it sometimes freezes the whole program, so that i have to close it completely. Luckily the changes are saved all the time :)

But that surely has something to do with the heavy workload im putting on the cpu all the time.

Katladraken
Expert

Post by Katladraken » Sun Sep 23, 2012 5:10 am

Hi there!

This is happening in a fresh project i started just to try out the new samples, so all it contains is 10 beats:)
Same crash happens when i close the plug-in and re-open it. All the other samples are working ( the stock samples in DrumaGog )

Any idea on how to delete this new folder i added? It´s about 1 GB so it feels useless to have it taking space if i can´t use it anyway :)
I can´t find this new folder anywhere..

/ Daniel

Geronimo
Expert

Post by Geronimo » Sun Sep 23, 2012 5:33 am

Hmm, no clue, but Rim will help you out soon :)

Rim
Site Admin

Post by Rim » Sun Sep 23, 2012 8:46 am

There's still a bug lurking inside Drumagog somewhere I have to find, which causes a crash when choosing samples quickly while it's playing. But I think what you're experiencing is different. It seems like you're either running out of hard disk space, or RAM while Auria is trying to decompress your samples. First of all, just to be sure you're putting the files in the right place, you should make a folder on your Mac/PC called Gog Files. The spelling and the capitalization is very important. Inside this folder, create another folder (any name you want). Inside this new folder, put all your gog files. No other folders should go inside this second folder. In other words:

Gog Files
My Folder
some gog file.gog
some gog file2.gog

Then, zip this entire folder (Gog Files), and copy it to Auria. Auria will uncompress it. If you get an error or crash here, you are either running out of RAM or hard drive space. Close all your other apps before doing this.

Rim

Katladraken
Expert

Post by Katladraken » Mon Sep 24, 2012 9:57 am

Thanks Rim, i must have missed to make the first folder called Gog Files, i will try this now!
I also found how to delete the file causing the crash, i didn´t realize i had to acces it inside the Auria App on file management :)
About the crash, RAM, disk space is fine so it must have been my fault it crashed!

Thanks for the quick reply.

/ Daniel

Katladraken
Expert

Post by Katladraken » Thu Sep 27, 2012 3:25 pm

Hi again Rim!

I have now tried everything you suggested and it doesn´t work to add the sample kit into Drumagog. I have created a case sensitive folder called Gog Files on my desktop, with a subfolder in it, i tried different names for this subfolder, no difference.
When i open iTunes to add it into GoG Files via iTunes file sharing i can only highlight the folder already on my iPad, i cant click it to open it and place my folder there. I then browse my pc for the Gog Files folder i just created, once i click on it i need to manaually select each file, i can´t move the whole folder over. Once they gets transfered to my iPad they get placed in the Auria folder, not the Gog Files folder, they appear alongside the other Auria projects as individual files. When i open Auria, nothing happens, no uncompression etc. I can only see the names of these files withing the iTunes file sharing under Auria, or if i open the file manager inside the Auria app, but i wont see them if i open drumagog.

When i open Drumagog i can only see the standard folders, electronic kick, snares etc, and this folder called " ( Documents Folder ) which i didn´t name. If i click on that one Auria crashes instantly. Even in a new blank project. The standard samples work, no crash there.

Damn what am i doing wrong? :)

/ Daniel

Rim
Site Admin

Post by Rim » Thu Sep 27, 2012 5:32 pm

You need to zip this gog files folder, then add the zip file using iTunes. iTunes doesn't allow copying folders, only files, so we get around this limitation by supporting zip files in Auria. Auria will automatically unzip any zip files.

Rim

Katladraken
Expert

Post by Katladraken » Fri Sep 28, 2012 4:28 pm

Hello again!
After trying over and over it finally did work:) All i had to do was to close & open Auria for 3-5 times and then the files would finally start to uncompress yay!
Sweet sounding samples too, if i decide to buy the full pack, i will add the files the same way i guess? Does all add-on packs work with Auria?

Thanks for taking your time to help me out!

/ Daniel

Rim
Site Admin

Post by Rim » Sat Sep 29, 2012 4:06 am

Once a zip file appears in Auria's main folder, it should start automatically uncompressing it right away. It needs to be completely finished copying, though, and for larger zip files, this can take a while with iTunes. Yes, All gog files will work in the Auria version of Drumagog.

Rim