iOS6 = Multi-Route Audio = Multi Outputs?

For general questions or discussion of Auria.

Moderators: Corey W, Rim

Scott O

iOS6 = Multi-Route Audio = Multi Outputs?

Post by Scott O » Sun Aug 05, 2012 9:07 pm

Any ideas on if iOS6 (in beta) with "Multi-Route Audio" might be used to support multiple outputs?

I've heard some buzz about it but don't want to get my hopes up too much.

What do you think, Rim?

Rim
Site Admin

Re: iOS6 = Multi-Route Audio = Multi Outputs?

Post by Rim » Mon Aug 06, 2012 5:53 am

Scott,

Unfortunately, I can't comment about iOS6, as we're under an NDA. But I will say that Auria will fully support all iOS6 will offer in terms of audio features.

Rim

Foster
Expert

Post by Foster » Mon Aug 06, 2012 9:57 am

Oh please, please, please let there be more audio streams out. This would solve the headphone issue with the presonus. It sucks having a headphone output and not being able to use it.

Scott O

Post by Scott O » Mon Aug 06, 2012 12:49 pm

Wink, wink, nudge, nudge, say no more, no what I mean... :wink:

I hate being patient.

garyshell
Expert

Post by garyshell » Tue Aug 07, 2012 12:42 pm

Rim I understand you are under NDA, but can you tell us who are on the fence about buying a Presonus 1818 ONLY because of the headphone issue, if we should go ahead and buy one?

As someone who has been under several NDA's with Microsoft in the past, although none with Apple, I don't think such advice would put you in technical violation of the NDA. Of course I am not a lawyer, I just play one on TV.

Gary

Rim
Site Admin

Post by Rim » Tue Aug 07, 2012 12:54 pm

Guys, sorry, I really can't comment on that. Apple has a very strict NDA, and I'm going to stick on the safe side.

Future updates of Auria are going to get better and better, and as the operating system evolves, our goal is to always take full advantage of whatever advances become available.

Rim

Scott O

Post by Scott O » Wed Sep 19, 2012 9:19 pm

bump :wink:

Dubhausdisco
Expert

Post by Dubhausdisco » Wed Sep 19, 2012 11:58 pm

Just a thought- why would apple change the dock (which is probable for the iPad as well) with the new iPhone in conjunction with ios6, and have any interest in offering multiple output streams thru a semi supported cck used as a USB iterface for audio gear?

As much as I would love to see it, (I have outputs 3-4 just waiting), I remain skeptical.
dubhausdisco

iPad 3
iOS 7.0.4
Akai EIE
Auria 1.14

Rim
Site Admin

Post by Rim » Thu Sep 20, 2012 12:26 am

I assume Apple will change the dock connector on the next iPad model, but no one really knows. There's an adapter available for the new iPhone, so I assume this will also work on the new iPad if they use the same connector.

In terms of multi-output, this has nothing to do with the connector (USB is USB).

In 1.04, we're going to introduce new output routing features to Auria (only available when you upgrade to iOS6). There will be a new Output Matrix panel, which will allow you to choose the output routing for the subgroups and aux sends (LR, USB Output Channel, or Both). Also, the main output USB channel assignment can be set (to fix issues with USB interfaces whose headphones are routed to 7&8, like the Presonus 1818).

I don't have an exact timetable for 1.04, as 1.03 is still being reviewed by Apple right now, but we're working on it.

Rim