Loading project from dropbox

For general questions or discussion of Auria.

Moderators: Corey W, Rim

Vault16

Loading project from dropbox

Post by Vault16 » Mon Sep 17, 2012 12:14 am

Hi I've been trying to load a project from dropbox. One of the .WAV files are 174mb. I have ensured that there was plenty of battery power and it didn't go to sleep whilst downloading the project from dropbox. However after the largest file completed loading it just quit.

Now I've tried deleting the project and starting again, this time it didn't even load the .wav files. I tried manually importing the files, they don't seem to place themselves where they should be?

Could someone tell me if this is a bug or am I missing something?

p.s. the reason for this workflow with dropbox is because i'm co-writing/recording with another musician.

Thanks

Rim
Site Admin

Re: Loading project from dropbox

Post by Rim » Mon Sep 17, 2012 5:01 pm

174MB is a fairly large file for dropbox. Can your friend try zipping the file first (Auria will unzip it once it's downloaded)? Another thing to check is if your iPad is running out of memory while downloading the wav file. Make sure all your other apps are closed (by double clicking on the home button). Also, make sure there's enough free disk space on your iPad.

Rim

drock
Expert

Post by drock » Tue Sep 18, 2012 10:45 pm

I'm trying to load a very small m4a file from Dropbox and auria doesn't see it yet it shows up time and time again in Dropbox. I've checked dropbox on the computer, iPad and iPhone and the file is there, in fact, I uploaded it twice to Dropbox just to make sure it went through. When I go to import audio, Auria does not see the files at all. I've quit all the apps from the background and started over just to make sure. Does Auria not support m4a files? Because GarageBand and Dropbox do. Thanks.

Vault16

Post by Vault16 » Tue Sep 18, 2012 10:56 pm

Thanks Rim

Ok well this time I got everything to load after several attempts. Though it seems like the project isn't playing properly I get tracks fading in and out of each other. Quite sure there isn't an envelope going on or some sort of panning.

I can confirm the project wasn't meant to have that on it as i've spoken to my friend if he intended that. Is this possibly file corruption?

Rim
Site Admin

Post by Rim » Wed Sep 19, 2012 1:14 am

@drock: Auria doesn't support m4a files, only WAV, AIF, and MP3.

@Vault16: Check to see if there's any automation playing (are any of the channel's "R" buttons enabled?). Possibly the file had automation, but your friend had disabled his R buttons. The R button status doesn't get transferred in AAF files, so if he had automation, it would appear in Auria.

Rim