Condense Regions possible bug. Lost data, but not wave files

For general questions or discussion of Auria.

Moderators: Corey W, Rim

McKone

Condense Regions possible bug. Lost data, but not wave files

Post by McKone » Wed Sep 12, 2012 8:12 pm

So, I was doing lots of short takes and region editing on a 24 track project today, and to clean up all the unused bits of audio, I used the condense regions feature. Seemed to work fine, and I did a few more edits, then closed out of Auria.

Tonight, when I reopened the project, all the regions were blank. No waveforms or sound. All the audio files appear to be still be in the project folder, but some corruption has made it so the regions don't point to the files.

I tried reloading some of the audio to broadcast position, but they're ending up in the wrong locations. Luckily, I was just trying out some editing ideas on the fly, and the main project is on another DAW, but it's concerning to lose the work.

Any ideas?

Rim
Site Admin

Re: Condense Regions possible bug. Lost data, but not wave f

Post by Rim » Fri Sep 14, 2012 1:47 am

Were any of your tracks frozen at the time you did a Condense Regions? There was a bug related to that which has been fixed in 1.03.

Rim

McKone

Re: Condense Regions possible bug. Lost data, but not wave f

Post by McKone » Fri Sep 14, 2012 8:17 am

No frozen tracks. If it helps, all the regions are still labeled with the original wave file titles, and the files are still there. Auria just doesn't seem to see them.