The record level knob isn't working for me

For general questions or discussion of Auria.

Moderators: Corey W, Rim

fusionarts
Expert

The record level knob isn't working for me

Post by fusionarts » Thu Aug 23, 2012 10:38 pm

I'm sure it's something i'm doing wrong, but after looking in the manual, and searching the forum i still haven't found an answer.

I have a very simple setup right now, i'm running an sm58 into an impedenct matching adapter into the appogge jam into the ipad 3.

I get a very low signal so i figured i'd try the Record Level knob to try to boast the signal a little. Problem is that when i turn the knob, either way, nothing at all happens to the sound level.

Another weird thing is the green light on the appogee jam is on (with means it's ready), but the 'int' never turns to display 'usb' as the manual implies...

Anyone have any ideas or maybe have run into this issue, and maybe head me in the right direction?

Any help would be greatly appreciated...
"In cordibus nostris Iesus in aeternum vivat"
“L i v e J e s u s i n o u r h e a r t s, f o r e v e r”
-----------------------------------------------------------
iPad Pro - 128GB - iOS 9.3 - Auria Pro

Rim
Site Admin

Re: The record level knob isn't working for me

Post by Rim » Fri Aug 24, 2012 7:55 am

I'll look into this. Thanks for letting us know.

Rim

fusionarts
Expert

Post by fusionarts » Fri Aug 24, 2012 10:27 am

Rim wrote:I'll look into this. Thanks for letting us know.

Rim
Thanks Rim...I'm curious if i'm the first to experience this issue?...anyway my workaround at the moment is to run my mic through a preamp, and then into the jam...seems to work fine for now...
"In cordibus nostris Iesus in aeternum vivat"
“L i v e J e s u s i n o u r h e a r t s, f o r e v e r”
-----------------------------------------------------------
iPad Pro - 128GB - iOS 9.3 - Auria Pro

Rim
Site Admin

Post by Rim » Sat Aug 25, 2012 7:05 am

This must be something that only affects mono input devices, like the Jam and Mic. We haven't had this issue with multichannel devices. I've added it to the list to investigate.

Rim

supanorton
Expert

Post by supanorton » Sun Aug 26, 2012 7:29 am

Same set up, same issue.

spackofatz

Post by spackofatz » Sun Aug 26, 2012 12:03 pm

I'm using a Samson Meteor Mic and the Record knob isn't working on this device until I use the record level in something like Multitrak DAW. After using the other app it's possible to regulate the record level in Auria. This procedere strange for me, but it's always working.

Anthony Alves
Expert

Post by Anthony Alves » Mon Aug 27, 2012 1:19 am

I use the Apogee One and the record input level in Auria has no affect. I use the input level knob on my Apogee to set the proper input level. Everything records well with plenty of gain.

Rim
Site Admin

Post by Rim » Mon Aug 27, 2012 7:50 am

Yes, it seems this is only an issue on these mono input devices. It's on our list to fix already for 1.03.

Thanks,
Rim

supanorton
Expert

Post by supanorton » Mon Aug 27, 2012 8:21 pm

spackofatz wrote:I'm using a Samson Meteor Mic and the Record knob isn't working on this device until I use the record level in something like Multitrak DAW. After using the other app it's possible to regulate the record level in Auria. This procedere strange for me, but it's always working.
Thanks for the workaround!

supanorton
Expert

Post by supanorton » Tue Aug 28, 2012 9:06 pm

supanorton wrote:
spackofatz wrote:I'm using a Samson Meteor Mic and the Record knob isn't working on this device until I use the record level in something like Multitrak DAW. After using the other app it's possible to regulate the record level in Auria. This procedere strange for me, but it's always working.
Thanks for the workaround!
Crazy. I tried it last night. Opened MultiTrack DAW, set up the mic, closed MTD, opened Auria, and had control over the input level.

spackofatz

Post by spackofatz » Wed Aug 29, 2012 9:51 am

Yes, that's a strange little workaround and it's working all the time. Would be o.k. if it wasn't so exhausting. Good to hear that Mono-Device are on the fix-list for the next minor update.

smh

Post by smh » Mon Sep 10, 2012 6:08 pm

+1

I pointed this out in a few posts back in july. Strangely the posts have since been deleted or so it seems. I would really like a fix 'cause I still cannot control the gain of my Samson Meteor mic. Have to try the workaround.

Other than that - great app! :)

Rim
Site Admin

Post by Rim » Wed Sep 12, 2012 11:14 am

The next Auria update, 1.03, which has been submitted to apple, fixes the bug related to using Auria with mono input devices like the agogee mic and Jam. The issue with the Samson meteor mic is something different. It appears that they've worked out some kind of way to control the mic with certain app developers (they haven't contacted us). I have no idea how other apps are able to tell the meteor to switch inputs. It's not something the standard apple sdk has provisions for as far as I can tell.

Rim