Automation problems

For general questions or discussion of Auria.

Moderators: Corey W, Rim

Geronimo
Expert

Automation problems

Post by Geronimo » Sun Aug 26, 2012 1:02 pm

The lag that i've tried to describe occurs especially when, for example, i've set the volume automation control points to fade out a sample. When i then loop the samples region, the volume just isn't fast enough to get to the original volume level at the beginning of the sample. It fades in, although there are no other control points set, other then the one at the end.

My workaround now is, that i'm fading the volume up again at the end of sample to the original level, which is suboptimal, because most of the times that's exactly the region that i actually want to mute :)

Hope you get what i'm trying to say.

Rim
Site Admin

Re: Automation problems

Post by Rim » Mon Aug 27, 2012 7:58 am

Yes, I think I understand the issue you're having. Sometimes when looping, the automation is slow when the loop ends. It's something we've seen, too. We'll add it to the list to address in a future update.

Thanks,
Rim

Geronimo
Expert

Post by Geronimo » Mon Aug 27, 2012 10:10 am

Yeah, but it's not only happening there. I've noticed it on several other occasions as well, the looping thing was just the easiest to describe for me :)

Rim
Site Admin

Post by Rim » Mon Aug 27, 2012 11:11 am

You've seen a lag in automation when not using looping? I haven't seen this. Was it happening when using standard controls (fader, pan, etc), or using plug-in parameters, or channelstrip controls?

Thanks,
Rim

Geronimo
Expert

Post by Geronimo » Tue Aug 28, 2012 12:15 am

Rim wrote:You've seen a lag in automation when not using looping? I haven't seen this. Was it happening when using standard controls (fader, pan, etc), or using plug-in parameters, or channelstrip controls?

Thanks,
Rim
Let's take, for example, the described situation. I want to fade out a sample. But instead of looping i'm duplicating it now repeatedly and then i recreate the control points for each sample. Now the volume fader needs to go up again on the end of each sample to get to the original volume level. So i set the control points to rise as late as possible, just before the new sample starts, so that it keeps everything muted that i want to be muted. But now the automation control points just don't seem to work precisely accurate. When i look at the set control points now, they are set to the orignal volume level right before the new sample starts, there's no visible fading going after it starts, but somehow the new sample still gets faded in. So i have to work around it in the same way as before, i will just move the control points a little bit to the left until i hear what i actually want to see :)

I can work with it, but it makes it a bit more difficult.
Last edited by Geronimo on Tue Aug 28, 2012 6:58 am, edited 1 time in total.

Rim
Site Admin

Post by Rim » Tue Aug 28, 2012 5:33 am

Thanks for the detailed explanation. That helps, as I'll be able to set this up here to see what's going on.

This could be caused by the Auto Crossfade setting in the settings page. This will create an automatic fade in at the start of every region.

Rim

Geronimo
Expert

Post by Geronimo » Tue Aug 28, 2012 6:56 am

Cool, I'll have a look.

Another thing i've noticed, but i'm not sure yet, as i can't remember the exact situation that it caused it, is that i've heard once (in the above scenario even) a sound of a sample region that shouldn't have been there, as it was edited out. It just wasn't condensed, and maybe that caused that...

Anthony Alves
Expert

Post by Anthony Alves » Wed Aug 29, 2012 11:09 am

Yes the condense region can cause ghost audio to play on a track that was frozen then condensed then re-edited. This has been reported to be fixed and will be available on the next update as far as I know.

Geronimo
Expert

Post by Geronimo » Sat Sep 08, 2012 4:17 am

Sometimes, when i want a sound to be faded in, the fader will just stick there at mute, and won't follow the control points. This happenend at the very beginning of a song. Haven't noticed it on other occasions.