"Make Unique" on a audio region

For general questions or discussion of Auria.

Moderators: Corey W, Rim

knocksquared

"Make Unique" on a audio region

Post by knocksquared » Sun Jul 29, 2012 12:29 am

Had a few audio sections on a track and went to reverse a selected region and ALL the regions (sections) on that track reversed. Am I missing something? I want to be able to just have the selected region reverse. Is there a way to make that region that I want reversed unique from the rest of the files on the track?

Thanks

Rim
Site Admin

Re: "Make Unique" on a audio region

Post by Rim » Sun Jul 29, 2012 6:17 am

I believe the reason you're experiencing this is because all of your regions are copies of the same original audio clip. If this is the case, the only way to avoid this is to use AudioCopy / Paste when copying and pasting (this create new audio out of your selection when pasting) , or do several bounces or mixdowns.

The reason it's happening, is because the Process menu items (like "reverse") operate on the actual file, and all those regions are from the same file.

Rim

offthesky
Expert

Re: "Make Unique" on a audio region

Post by offthesky » Thu Sep 06, 2012 1:22 pm

knocksquared wrote:...Is there a way to make that region that I want reversed unique from the rest of the files on the track?
i recommend bounce/mix down as audiocopy/audiopaste turns the region into a 16bit file(which is maybe okay if the region has been normalized)

noise.offthesky.com