iGOG PLEEEASE

For general questions or discussion of Auria.

Moderators: Corey W, Rim

JimmyT

iGOG PLEEEASE

Post by JimmyT » Fri Aug 31, 2012 12:01 pm

Just a few simple things could make your iGOG app a killer with Auria. You already have the velocity sensitity nailed. The sounds are excellent. When I play it, it feels and sounds like a real kit. There are about 3-4 updates that would make this app explode.

You have to realize that there are a HUGE numbers of small "songwriter" studios out there that are likely early Auria adopters. These people have NO efficient way to track realistic sounding drums. Either they can't afford the combination of mics, or they don't have the space, or they have nearby neighbors where using live drums is not possible. This will be the largest segment of the Auria user base initially, much more so than the larger studios who already have effective ways to track drums. The big studios aren't about to give up their Mac Pros and 26" screens just yet.

4 updates:

1) PLEASE provide a simple "slide lock" functionality for the screen, so that when recording and accidentally hit the "x2" button or the kit list it won't stop the audio and take you to another screen, thus losing your amazing perfect take ;)

2) Flip pad layout for lefties, or even better, just more flexible pad layout in general.

3) Ability to assign the high-hat dual sound (open/close) "choke" functionality to any larger pad.

AND LAST AND MOST IMPORTANT, PLEEEEEASE:

4) DROPBOX INTEGRATION so that you can integrate files back and forth with Auria (hopefully as multitrack drums but who's pushing it)

C'MON GUYS. This is an iPhone native app with no updates in TWO YEARS. It's far more important to the largest segment of your user base than even the drumagog plug in. It is also the simplest, most realistic sounding drum pad app yet made. Congratulations on that. And congratulations on Auria. Now help us out. Heck, even an iPad native update with Dropbox integration would be a HUGE deal.

mtingle
Expert

Re: iGOG PLEEEASE

Post by mtingle » Fri Aug 31, 2012 12:24 pm

all the above + audio copy between apps. this is potentially more useful than dropbox as it doesn't require a wi-fi connection.

+ an ipad version of this app would really shine, but I know this would be a large amount of work. but people would pay..

Geronimo
Expert

Post by Geronimo » Fri Aug 31, 2012 1:14 pm

donratto
Expert

Post by donratto » Fri Aug 31, 2012 5:40 pm

This soon to be released drum app looks good http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bUGtCbW3dNw

vezinho
Expert

Post by vezinho » Fri Aug 31, 2012 6:11 pm

Yess yes yes and .....yes !!!
Jimmy is so right !
And the audio copy, is the most important thing to use with Auria....
Yes please !

Rim
Site Admin

Post by Rim » Sat Sep 01, 2012 8:29 am

iGOG is definitely next on our list. Thanks for the suggestions, I really appreciate it, and they're all do-able.

Rim

vezinho
Expert

Post by vezinho » Sat Sep 01, 2012 11:46 am

Great news!!
Very impatient...
Thanks

PostGuy

Post by PostGuy » Wed Sep 05, 2012 5:39 pm

Rim wrote: iGOG is definitely next on my list after getting Auria to a stable place.

Rim
Great to hear that, iGOG for iPad integrated with Auria = hours of fun!

Steve White
Expert

Post by Steve White » Wed Sep 05, 2012 7:28 pm

Hi

I just bought Drum Jam for the I pad and it's really cool! Don't know a lot on how to use it yet but for the money this thing has a lot of stuff in it.

Steve