Anyone know if Auria is compatible with Alesis Multimix12?

For topics specifically about audio interfaces (USB, MFi, Camera Connection Kit)

Moderators: Corey W, Rim

BlackBox
Expert

Anyone know if Auria is compatible with Alesis Multimix12?

Post by BlackBox » Sat Sep 01, 2012 1:14 pm

Before I got get a camera kit I'm trying to find out if this will work with Auria. It's not on the working or not compatible list so I hope there is a chance! :lol:

Foster
Expert

Re: Anyone know if Auria is compatible with Alesis Multimix1

Post by Foster » Sat Sep 01, 2012 4:52 pm

Sorry it will not work. It is FireWire not USB.

BlackBox
Expert

Post by BlackBox » Sat Sep 01, 2012 11:34 pm

What about USB 2.0? I have the FireWire one but am thinking of making a trade

Foster
Expert

Post by Foster » Sun Sep 02, 2012 1:39 pm

Although I cannot say if a specific USB board will work or nor, what I can say is that USB mixing boards don't separate audio tracks. So if they do work you will only have 2 channels to work with. A left and a right. Which means that even if you are using a channels of the board you will still only get 2 channels out. USB boards like the alesis only are meant to record the master mix. Or as an audio interface for 1 to 2 channels.

I don't know why they haven't changed these type of boards to allow each channel to be independently recorded. If they did this then it would give us some great interfaces to use with auria.

Foster
Expert

Post by Foster » Sun Sep 02, 2012 1:47 pm

I really hope someone does come out with a full mixing board that will work as a multitrack interface that can be used with auria. This way you could have all your tracks going into auria and still be able to use the board for everything else. You could use it in the studio for monitor mixes. Or as a live mixer. The board would function as normal. Auria would just be recording the tracks.