Drumagog uses if you're not into recording?

For general questions or discussion of Auria.

Moderators: Corey W, Rim

ChrisG
Expert

Drumagog uses if you're not into recording?

Post by ChrisG » Fri Aug 24, 2012 6:03 am

Can drumagog pick out basdrums, hihats and snares from within a single stereo/mono audio file/loop and replace those sounds? IE let's say I make a beat with the app Werkbench which records sounds using the internal mic and basically turning noise into useful beats etc. Audiocopy that cool beat I just made with my kitchen table into Auria using drumagog to replace certain sounds within that audio file?

I know you can route inputs to different instances of drumagog but is the iPad version capable of recognizing different sounds via the internal mic and slap some basdrums and snares on it in real-time (I think the guy behind Sunrizer is working on something like that)?

Trueyorky
Expert

Re: Drumagog uses if you're not into recording?

Post by Trueyorky » Fri Aug 24, 2012 1:25 pm

Yes, Drumagog can do this. I have done similar but you have to tweak the threshold and sensitivity settings.

vezinho
Expert

Post by vezinho » Fri Aug 24, 2012 1:50 pm

Hi Trueyorky,

I am very interested about that.
I have bought drumagog plugin in Auria, and tried to find help about this version, but without success.
Could you please describe the procedure you use?
Is it possible to assign 2 sounds on a single audio file ?

Thanks by advance
Hervé

Trueyorky
Expert

Post by Trueyorky » Fri Aug 24, 2012 2:39 pm

Hi,
No you can only assign one sound per track but you can copy and paste your audio to more than one track and run a different Drumagog session on each. Otherwise, tap out a rhythm for Drumagog and layer this over your loop using EQ.

ChrisG
Expert

Post by ChrisG » Fri Aug 24, 2012 2:43 pm

Thanks. Ok so you can't really "teach" drumagog that this boink sound is a basdrum and this plink sound is a snare, so to speak? I mean having it recognizing different sounds via the internal mic and translate different sounds to drums in real time. It's all about volume/threshold then and using different instances of drumagog on the same audio file?

Edit: scratch this -->
And secondly (I'm not sure wich question you actually answered lol) can one instance of drumagog replace a basdrum, a snare and maybe some hihat coming from one single audio file?

Trueyorky
Expert

Post by Trueyorky » Fri Aug 24, 2012 3:12 pm

"And secondly (I'm not sure wich question you actually answered lol) can one instance of drumagog replace a basdrum, a snare and maybe some hihat coming from one single audio file?"...

try again...I have just done this and it sounds great. I pasted the same audio copy from DM-1 on two different tracks. Then I applied Drumagog to each - one with bass drum & one with snare drum. I adjusted the resolution and threshold in real time until I like what I hear and that's it. I hear Drumagog on two tracks driven by my DM-1 loop. Hope this helps.

vezinho
Expert

Post by vezinho » Fri Aug 24, 2012 3:21 pm

I see what you mean thanks a lot for your explanation Trueyorky!
Maybe you could help me with this:
How do you replace HH opened and closed ?
I know that gog files HH, have different articulations but I don't know how to manage it, and let drumagog recognize them.

Sorry ChrisG, I absolutely don't want to ruin your post with my questions, but I think it's almost the same type of questions I have with drumagog plugin... :)

Thanks a lot guys

ChrisG
Expert

Post by ChrisG » Fri Aug 24, 2012 3:30 pm

Trueyorky, thanks that helps.

About banging on pots and pans then. Would I need to route trough different inputs with mics and audiointerfaces and into different instances of drumagog to get that to work? And If using the internal mic only I would have to use the same method as the ie DM-1 example then.

What kind of sounds does drumagog come with? How many snares etc would be useful information to put in the plug description.

Trueyorky
Expert

Post by Trueyorky » Fri Aug 24, 2012 3:47 pm

Hi ChrisG
Re pots and pans I've seen the video but not tried this - looks great.

Shipped with Drumagog in Auria you get lots of bass drums, snares and toms (acoustic and electronic) but no HH & cymbals. You can us your own samples though.

ChrisG
Expert

Post by ChrisG » Fri Aug 24, 2012 4:02 pm

Thanks, didn't really think about being able to use your own samples. I've got thousands of drum samples laying around that would be really fun to try on different loops.

Just so I really got this (lol), 4 replaced sounds on 1 audio track/file = 4 inserts with drumagog ?

Trueyorky
Expert

Post by Trueyorky » Fri Aug 24, 2012 4:23 pm

Yes that sounds right. Enjoy!