AudioCopy question

For general questions or discussion of Auria.

Moderators: Corey W, Rim

vezinho
Expert

Re: AudioCopy question

Post by vezinho » Thu Aug 16, 2012 3:49 pm

Tried everything you suggested, but didn't work...
Don't understand why and now when I go to import audio window and want to delete the pasted regions that even
Don't appear in the timeline , Auria tells that I can't delete the regions because they are active in the project!
It seems like I am a noob, or mad, or both ! :D
Thanks guys for your patience, but if you have another solution I take it !!

Rim
Site Admin

Post by Rim » Fri Aug 17, 2012 6:58 am

If a region doesn't appear in the timeline, it will be automatically deleted the next time you load the project (Auria now scans the project upon opening and deletes any audio files that don't appear anywhere in the project). If this is not happening, it's possible that these regions are appearing somewhere but you can't see them. If a file is corrupted somehow it might get pasted but have a length of 0, for example. I'm just guessing here without seeing the project. What is the length of these audioPaste files? (the import window should give you the length).

Rim

Rim
Site Admin

Post by Rim » Fri Aug 17, 2012 7:47 am

As far as why it's not AudioPasting correctly, can you help me with the following?

- How exactly are you Copying in Multitrack DAW? What are the steps you take?
- Is the track in Multitrack DAW mono or stereo? Have you tried both?
- Is the track you are pasting into in Auria mono or stereo?

Thanks,
RIm

vezinho
Expert

Post by vezinho » Fri Aug 17, 2012 9:16 am

Hi Rim,

Thanks again for your time.

In fact I copy drum loops from the app drumstudio into multitrack DAW. the region pasted is stereo one and is approximately 5-15 sec.
I click and hold on the audio region until I can select copy. ( it's indicated that it's copied in the pasteboard).
I also tried in the menu where there are all the audio region of the current project, ( where you may listen a preview of the sound)

In Auria I tried both the stereo and mono tracks.
It seems also that all the audio regio not used in the project are not deleted. Is it possible ?
And also every time I quit Auria ( well not every time ..) and I start it again it tells me that Auria has crashed the last time I used it...strange...
The thing is that I tried with a fresh new project and I managed ( not every time ) to paste these regions even directly from drumstudio app.

Thanks again Rim .

( Auria is fantastic :lol: )

Rim
Site Admin

Post by Rim » Fri Aug 17, 2012 10:48 am

The message about Auria crashing the last time can be ignored. it doesn't actually crash - the message is invalid. I have already fixed this for the next update.

I just tried to use AudioCopy and Paste from Drum Studio into Auria and I think I know what the problem is:

In DrumStudio, there are 4 choices for the exporting format: Rollerchimp, Midi, Text, and Audio. You MUST choose Audio here. If you don't, it will incorrectly create an AudioCopy with garbage inside it.

Rim

vezinho
Expert

Post by vezinho » Fri Aug 17, 2012 10:59 am

Ok for the message invalid. Thanks.
And yes for sure I selected audio in drumstudio....
I think that my problem should come from a thing in the project that isn't here in a new fresh project...but I don't know what...
It's annoying because I have to pass the audio from drumstudio to beatmaker 2, pass it to Dropbox and the, pick it in Auria from Dropbox .... Can you imagine ? :o

Rim
Site Admin

Post by Rim » Fri Aug 17, 2012 11:04 am

If this happens for sure in a specific project, can you please send me that project (zipped)? If I can duplicate this problem here, then I should be able to fix it for the next update. Also, please send me the drumstudio project, so I can try to Paste it.

You can send it to: rim at drumagog (dot com)

Thanks,
Rim

vezinho
Expert

Post by vezinho » Fri Aug 17, 2012 12:35 pm

Sure !
I am gonna zip it right now ( if I manage to :) )
The drumstudio project is very short, it's only a loop...
Thanks for your kindness

vezinho
Expert

Post by vezinho » Fri Aug 17, 2012 12:55 pm

Rim,

Excuse me but the project zipped is 126Mo....how can I do ?

EDIT:
I sent you the drumstudio loop, and the zip with the Auria project file and the Contents folder.
Have you got everything right to verify ?
Thanks again
Last edited by vezinho on Fri Aug 17, 2012 1:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Rim
Site Admin

Post by Rim » Fri Aug 17, 2012 1:09 pm

That's fine. If you have a dropbox account, or something similar, it would be idea. You can get free accounts from these services if you don't already have one.

Rim

vezinho
Expert

Post by vezinho » Sat Aug 18, 2012 10:31 am

Did you receive the mail Rim ?

Rim
Site Admin

Post by Rim » Sat Aug 18, 2012 8:34 pm

Yes, I did, thanks. I'm still looking into it. I'll let you know what I find soon.

Thanks,
Rim

vezinho
Expert

Post by vezinho » Sun Aug 19, 2012 2:41 am

Thanks a lot :D

jfu222

Post by jfu222 » Fri Aug 31, 2012 3:29 pm

Hi

I can paste audio in from the general clipboard but the pasted audio is sped up.

This has happened with multiple and different audio files coming from different apps...all sped up ...faster...higher in pitch

Bug.

Thx! Love your app sir.

Geronimo
Expert

Post by Geronimo » Sat Sep 01, 2012 2:00 am

jfu222 wrote:Hi

I can paste audio in from the general clipboard but the pasted audio is sped up.

This has happened with multiple and different audio files coming from different apps...all sped up ...faster...higher in pitch

Bug.

Thx! Love your app sir.
Has something to do with the different sampling frequencies i guess. They said that they'll fix it in the next update, if i remember correctly.