How can i clear automation for a specific track

For general questions or discussion of Auria.

Moderators: Corey W, Rim

leginkhan

How can i clear automation for a specific track

Post by leginkhan » Thu Aug 16, 2012 8:38 am

Hi i've reached a very frustrating part in Auria. I would like to clear automation on particular tracks. I have automation on existing tracks which i want to keep, so the clear all automation will not work for me in this case. Also apart from the automation on the new tracks that i want to get rid of, the undo button is also undoing things that i do not want undone. so that for me is very frustrating. So is there a way to just concentrate on undoing just the automation for specific tracks? I've been racking my brain on this and it's really frustrating. I've tried going into the edit window, selecting the tracks i want, double tapping and dragging from the start to the ending of the track and selecting clear control points, which seems to work, cause when i switch the tab to volume on the track the control points are gone, yet still when i go the record a new automation on the tracks which i supposedly cleared of automation but for some reason the automation is still there. If i go to use the undo button then i will be undoing things i do not want to undo. So how do i clear automation from specific tracks without using the undo button? (Let's say for instance i have 18 tracks and for some reason i want to redo or clear the automation on track 1 which is the very first track which i performed automation on, then you see my predicament!!! Any solution to this?

Rim
Site Admin

Re: How can i clear automation for a specific track

Post by Rim » Thu Aug 16, 2012 11:46 am

You're absolutely doing it the right way. To clear automation points on a particular track, you highlight all the points you want to clear (using double tap and hold), then select Clear Automation Points. You just need to make sure you're in the correct automation view when you do the clearing. For example, if you have automation written for both Volume and Pan on a track, you'll need to clear both by first viewing the volume, selecting all those and clearing, then doing the same thing for pan.

If this still isn't clearing the points, perhaps there's a bug that we haven't seen yet. Let me know.

Thanks,
Rim

leginkhan

Post by leginkhan » Thu Aug 16, 2012 12:14 pm

Hi Rim, thanks so much for the info. Question: I don't have any automation and it was still automating even though i cleared the automation. Is it that i double tap and drag to select the entire track or do i double tap the track and hold?

Rim
Site Admin

Post by Rim » Thu Aug 16, 2012 12:21 pm

It's double-tap and hold to create a highlight over the points you want to delete. But remember, that this won't delete points that are in a different parameter. For example, if you're viewing pan, deleting here won't delete volume, etc.

Rim

leginkhan

Post by leginkhan » Thu Aug 16, 2012 12:35 pm

Sweet. Ok thanks Rim. Will try that and let you know how it goes. Thanks again. 8)