Wierdest sudden bug

For general questions or discussion of Auria.

Moderators: Corey W, Rim

Androcid

Wierdest sudden bug

Post by Androcid » Wed Aug 15, 2012 8:24 am

Ok, I just got the wierdest bug/error. i have a track With a spoken word sample, only for all together maybe 30 sec, so most of the timeline on this track is completely empty. I got both FabFilter ProQ and the PSP warmer and the track is frozen. All of a sudden, Towards the end of the song, that track (which timeline now is empty) starts making some serious noise, some very overdriven drum and some bass-segments, even though again the timeline is completely empty

Having a bit of a hard time getting a screenshot online but it's here. Taken while playing. You can see the empty timeline and the audiosignal going on track 3.

Edit, screenshot :https://mobile.twitter.com/#!/nervosite ... 3405091841

Androcid

Re: Wierdest sudden bug

Post by Androcid » Wed Aug 15, 2012 8:37 am

Okey, something bled through during freezing because I tried to unfreeze the track, then freeze it again and it disappeared

Rim
Site Admin

Post by Rim » Wed Aug 15, 2012 8:39 am

Hi,

There seems to be a bug in the freezing function, which I'm investigating. It'll most likely be fixed in the next update.

Thanks,
Rim

Androcid

Post by Androcid » Wed Aug 15, 2012 11:00 am

Just had a whole synth-track disappear on me now (it plays as before, slighly reduced quality, but nowhere to be seen). Kinda scares me away from unfreezing my tracks now :wink: :shock:

Androcid

Post by Androcid » Sat Aug 18, 2012 4:51 pm

To give a bit more info on the bug (the "ghost in the machine"bug). I've had a track with a bassline on it, that I muted and then decided to remove. I went into the timeline and erased it all and moved the track down to the bottom. At a later session I wanted to add some more drums and decided to use this channel where the bass had once been. When I unmuted it I realized some kind of invisible impression laid on the track, I cant see it in the timeline but it plays and the meter plays for that channel.

Rim
Site Admin

Post by Rim » Sat Aug 18, 2012 8:33 pm

Was this track frozen at any time?

Rim