Will this suit my workflow.

For general questions or discussion of Auria.

Moderators: Corey W, Rim

Ben Curry

Will this suit my workflow.

Post by Ben Curry » Fri Aug 10, 2012 6:08 am

Hi guys,

I just heard about the app on Twit.

I'm a podcaster and have workflow that lets me put out my daily episodes pretty quickly but I've been searching for a while for an app to replace my current set-up.

This is what I do, can you tell me how much of it I can and can't do.

1 record episode (in 1 take if possible) via mixer to my portable recorder.
2 transfer file to laptop and Audacity template with preloaded intro and close segments.
3 run a compressor on the recorded audio
4 export as mp3 and create ID3 tags including episode artwork.
5 Upload to FTP.

I already know my mixer and USB mic are both compatable with my iPad. The few features I need in app are editing ID3 tags, especially with an image. And a good mp3 converter. The one in audacity it not very good so I use the one in iTunes at the moment.

So id be looking at recording on USB mic to iPad, record into a template with Audio loaded in already. Compress/normalise and export direct to my file host. (which handily creates a blog post and pings to iTunes) The important part is the id3 tags as they are used to get my blog post content.

Sorry for waffling!

I hope to hear that all this is possible

Cheers,
Ben.

Rim
Site Admin

Re: Will this suit my workflow.

Post by Rim » Fri Aug 10, 2012 6:30 am

Hi Ben,

Auria doesn't read or write ID3 tags, but it can certainly be used to record audio using your setup, and perform any editing you need. With the video import option, it'll also play a video in sync with the audio, and allow you to export a new video with the audio from the Auria project.

Rim

Ben Curry

Post by Ben Curry » Fri Aug 10, 2012 12:04 pm

Hi,

To be used by podcasters and be truly mobile (which is the joy of the iPad) ID3 tags are pretty essential, would there be any possibility of this being brought into a future release?

Cheers
Ben

Rim
Site Admin

Post by Rim » Fri Aug 10, 2012 6:32 pm

It's a possibility. If you post this in the "Auria Wishlist Thread" we'll look into adding this for a future update.

Thanks,
Rim