DropBox export error after new update

For general questions or discussion of Auria.

Moderators: Corey W, Rim

supanorton
Expert

DropBox export error after new update

Post by supanorton » Thu Aug 09, 2012 7:59 am

I've tried three times to upload a .wav mixdown to DropBox and get the message: "There was a problem ..."

I haven't had any problems with this feature until today.

WiFi is on, nothing running in background, etc.

Anyone else?

Rim
Site Admin

Re: DropBox export error after new update

Post by Rim » Thu Aug 09, 2012 8:20 am

This is most likely not related to the update, as nothing was changed in terms of Dropbox support in this update.

It's not uncommon to get errors while using DropBox, and this is not exclusive to Auria. A message that begins with "There was an error uploading to your DropBox account" is a message from Dropbox telling you something went wrong with the upload.

Common issues that cause this:

- Not having enough space on your dropbox account
- General corruption during the transfer. Try it again later when you have a solid internet connection
- A duplicate file or folder that exists in a corrupted way in your dropbox account. Check your Auria folder in dropbox to make sure nothing is in there with the same name that's partially downloaded
- Issues with the dropbox servers. Sometimes their servers are slow or down. Try again later.

Rim

supanorton
Expert

Post by supanorton » Thu Aug 09, 2012 3:39 pm

Sorry, that was a panic post. It's working now.

Rim
Site Admin

Post by Rim » Thu Aug 09, 2012 3:50 pm

Did it finally work after trying it a few times? If that's the case, it's most likely just a network issue (wifi or Dropbox servers). It's the most common thing that happens with Dropbox.

Rim

supanorton
Expert

Post by supanorton » Fri Aug 10, 2012 12:59 am

Yes. I tried it again a little later, and it worked. Another app was able to export to DropBox when Auria wasn't; I panicked. Thanks, Rim.

Bassmec

Post by Bassmec » Tue Apr 30, 2013 8:38 am

Well I am also unable to export to Dropbox right now and sporadically at times over the last two working days.
Where Is the file I have mixed down stored, to upload it to Dropbox, is the only option to do the bounce again
With your fingers crossed?. :(

Rim
Site Admin

Post by Rim » Tue Apr 30, 2013 9:01 am

With dropbox, fingers sometimes need to be crossed ;) This is because dropbox uploads depend on an internet connection to be solid, and large files can easily be interrupted along the way, causing the upload to fail.

Some things we've observed:

- Make sure there aren't any non alphanumeric characters in your file or project name (no punctuation or asterisks for example).
- Make sure you have enough space remaining on your dropbox account.
- Make sure you have a very solid internet connection (Wifi preferred).

Rim

Bassmec

Post by Bassmec » Tue Apr 30, 2013 12:01 pm

Well I changed the bounce from 32 split stereo to 32 interleaved and it worked after 14 attempts at the former probably just coincidence.

TommyStrat

Post by TommyStrat » Wed May 01, 2013 2:07 pm

I tried bringing a jam track from drop box and it has the chip monk sound like it is playing at double speed. Any ideas?
Tommy

Rim
Site Admin

Post by Rim » Wed May 01, 2013 3:32 pm

Is your clip at a different sample rate that your Auria project's sample rate? You also might want to try saving it as a WAV or AIF file, then import it into Auria.

Rim

TommyStrat

Post by TommyStrat » Thu May 02, 2013 3:46 pm

Rim I upgraded to 1.09 and it is a lot better but still over a step and a half sharp from the original Key. I will try to save in a different format. Most are in i tunes so I will have to give it a shot. Thanks so much