New update issue

For general questions or discussion of Auria.

Moderators: Corey W, Rim

pviney

New update issue

Post by pviney » Wed Aug 08, 2012 6:42 pm

First off I tested the crappy crossalking irig and it can now monitor through headphones. The issue I have is every time I close auria and reopen it says that my last session crashed and it never crashed. All I did was close auria completely. Not by just throwing it to the background but by actually closing the app. I tried 4 times in a row to see if it would do it every time and so far it has. It weird because it is not crashing.

Rim
Site Admin

Re: New update issue

Post by Rim » Wed Aug 08, 2012 6:48 pm

We've noticed this here as well. You can safely ignore that message. It doesn't actually crash.

This only seems to happen if you "force close" Auria by deleting it from the app list (double-clicking on the home button).

We'll address this in the next update.

Thanks,
Rim

pviney

Post by pviney » Wed Aug 08, 2012 6:52 pm

Thanks, I did not think it was actually crashing. Glad to hear I was correct in my assumption.

McKone

Post by McKone » Wed Aug 08, 2012 10:00 pm

FYI It is also happening to me with a normal shutdown. Not forced.

Albrecht
Expert

Post by Albrecht » Wed Aug 08, 2012 11:33 pm

Same "problem/message" here

Foster
Expert

Post by Foster » Wed Aug 08, 2012 11:51 pm

Yep, same problem here too. Every time I exit and close out the app, when I open it up again I get the crash message.

Tamar UK

Post by Tamar UK » Thu Aug 09, 2012 1:59 am

Getting the message too. I can confirm that it doesnt lose any project data and everything seems to be normal once the message is dismissed.

sixonecynic

Post by sixonecynic » Thu Aug 09, 2012 6:12 am

Since the update I'm also experiencing terrible digital feedback when I activate both the MicroFilter and Convolution Reverb simultaneously - I will post a clip in the coming days so you can see what I mean.

I'm also experiencing audio (tracks) being panned mysteriously to the left when I mess around with the plug-ins, don't know why...also, when using Apogee Jam, whatever instrument I have plugged in there, the monitoring signal skips and delays when activating Convolution Reverb in real-time, not sure if this a problem with my gear however.

Stability is going to to be the biggest challenge with Auria, can it at-least go 15 mins without problems like this? Can I begin making music and not worry after 30 mins if my project is going to be lost from some serious glitch in the system?

Best of luck to all the developers with this visionary project!

supanorton
Expert

Post by supanorton » Thu Aug 09, 2012 6:42 am

sixonecynic wrote:when using Apogee Jam, whatever instrument I have plugged in there, the monitoring signal skips and delays when activating Convolution Reverb in real-time, not sure if this a problem with my gear however.
I don't think the convolution reverb should be used while recording. Unless I'm mistaken, it's only for mixing and mastering.

Rim
Site Admin

Post by Rim » Thu Aug 09, 2012 7:01 am

That's correct, the convolution reverb can't be used while Auria is recording (or while a record enable button is on), because it's not designed to be used with low latency. ClassicVerb will work fine for recording, however.

The feedback you're hearing is most likely coming from FabFilter Micro. Micro creates intentional feedback, because it's a resonant filter. Try adjusting the filter curve to a lower setting if you don't want this resonant feedback.

I'm not sure about the left panning. Can you try to reproduce this? If so, let me know exactly how to make it happen. If I can duplicate and verify that it's a bug, I can fix it.

Rim

iNdepthmusic

Post by iNdepthmusic » Thu Aug 09, 2012 8:10 am

Since the update I've experienced the crash notification every time I start.
Also every track locking up, sliders, pan, solo, mute and group buttons all not being able to be altered in any way! And then as if by magic after a while everything starts working again... Then it goes into this working non working cycle.
The only problem I encountered before was the convulsion bug.

Rim
Site Admin

Post by Rim » Thu Aug 09, 2012 8:14 am

Is anyone else experiencing this?

So far, we've only noticed this happen when you force quit Auria. You shouldn't be getting a message like that every time you start Auria. Do you get the opening Auria logo every time you start?

Is your iPad's internet connection working when this happens?

Also, what Convolution bug are you referring to? I'm not aware of any bugs in the convolution reverb right now.

Thanks,
Rim

Dubhausdisco
Expert

Post by Dubhausdisco » Thu Aug 09, 2012 8:59 am

[quote]Stability is going to to be the biggest challenge with Auria, can it at-least go 15 mins without problems like this? Can I begin making music and not worry after 30 mins if my project is going to be lost from some serious glitch in the system? [/equote]

It may be possible to record with fx, but If stability is the goal, than track with no fx.
I tracked 4 at once in 7-8 minute stretches for a session that lasted 80 minutes with no issues. I had a delay on an aux bus for the vocalist, that's it. We can't compare auria to a dsp based protools rig, it's just going to crumble if you start adding convolutions to each track ( because someone read somewhere that convolution is the only reverb you should use if you are serious etc etc) I digress.... :D
dubhausdisco

iPad 3
iOS 7.0.4
Akai EIE
Auria 1.14

Rim
Site Admin

Post by Rim » Thu Aug 09, 2012 9:04 am

Auria is very stable, even with effects. As Auria's still a new product, we're working through some minor issues (many of which have already been resolved in the first update), but there should be no problems with stability. Like any DAW, it's possible to overload the CPU. Convolution reverb is the most CPU intensive plug-in in Auria. I recommend only using one or two instances in a project. The freeze function can help if you need more instances of a convolution reverb.

Rim

ChrisG
Expert

Post by ChrisG » Thu Aug 09, 2012 10:08 am

Another minor thing is that Auria starts in landscape mode even tho the iPad is positioned in portrait mode (so the mixer ends up filling only half the screen). No biggie but seems like a bug since it started in portrait with the 100mm faders before the update.