mackie dl1608 support

For topics specifically about audio interfaces (USB, MFi, Camera Connection Kit)

Moderators: Corey W, Rim

glaucella

mackie dl1608 support

Post by glaucella » Wed Aug 08, 2012 10:16 pm

hey guys,

i was wondering if anybody has tried the auria app with the mackie dl1608. i cant imagine that it would work because it looks like the board requires the mackie app. if it works i think it would be the best match up.

thanks
gio

Foster
Expert

Re: mackie dl1608 support

Post by Foster » Wed Aug 08, 2012 11:43 pm

The dl1608 is not available yet, therefore no one have tried it. But the DL may be able to work with auria but only 2 channels. The dl1608 was only developed with 2 channels of audio out. When they developed the hardware iPad was on iOS 4 which only supported 2 channels. So there is absolutely no way to get more than 2 channels with the dl1608 because the hardware cannot do any more. It's not a software issue that can be changed, it's hardware that cannot. But we won't even know if the 2 channels will work until it actually comes out.

My question is if the the line 6 stagescape will work? It works as a USB interface. It has a USB output and supports up to 18 channels to a computer just like the presonus 1818vsl.