Effects and memory

For general questions or discussion of Auria.

Moderators: Corey W, Rim

limey222

Re: Effects and memory

Post by limey222 » Tue Aug 07, 2012 12:02 pm

Hi Rim,
I too am getting an offset when i freeze a track. i froze a snare track and now it "flams" when played with the overheads, when I unfreeze the problem goes away.

Also if I double click the home button and close all apps including Auria, when I re-open Auria it defaults to the last song I had open and loads it. Is there any ay to make it load a new empty project instead ?

anton06
Expert

Post by anton06 » Tue Aug 07, 2012 12:11 pm

Thanks for your reply Rim.
Actually you are simply admitting that we can't really edit music with the app...which is quite true.
Too fast limited...as I said they should have made a lighter version for iPad.
It's finally too heavy...The best presentation of it is: "IT LOOKS GREAT, YOU CAN IMAGINE YOU WOULD MAKE SOMETHING NICE BUT YOU WON'T CAUSE IT'S AN OPTICAL ILLUSION...."
I want my money back.

Dubhausdisco
Expert

Post by Dubhausdisco » Tue Aug 07, 2012 12:30 pm

And...... We have our first confirmed troll...
You are obviously a bit confused about what exactly Auria is capable of.
Go read the manual and cool off a bit
dubhausdisco

iPad 3
iOS 7.0.4
Akai EIE
Auria 1.14

instinctive
Expert

Post by instinctive » Tue Aug 07, 2012 12:32 pm

That is nonsense.

Obviously, if you have no idea how music production works, and you have 16 tracks and put a convolution reverb on each of them instead of a single one in an aux, then there's really no way to help you except read music production tutorials.

An iPad, even an iPad 1, has plenty of power to do professional music production. Obviously that requires that you know how to use your resources sensibly.

Rim
Site Admin

Post by Rim » Tue Aug 07, 2012 12:51 pm

Anton,

Auria is a tool, and like any tool, it provides different results depending on how it's used. Plenty of people here are using Auria and getting fantastic results. If you carelessly load up Auria with plug-ins, you're likely to get a CPU overload. But this doesn't make Auria useless. With careful use of plug-ins, you can get great results. Even the demo song shows it's possible to get great results. Have you tried the demo song? It runs at 50% CPU and has several effects enabled.

Limey,

All the issues related to freezing have been fixed already (latency, white noise, left channel only). These fixes are awaiting apple's approval and will make it into v1.02.

Rim

anton06
Expert

Post by anton06 » Tue Aug 07, 2012 1:43 pm

Rim, I highly appreciate your fast answers it is nice of you.
See, I imported a project of 5 tracks from NanoStudio as a bounce and once I put micwarmer and convolution verb on the 2nd track to record my voice it doesn't allow me .....CPU IS 15 and it says max CPU is 16.....so it doesnt allow me to record. What to do? I remove all the back ground apps, I even freeze the first track and reboot....imagine, am talking about a 2 tracks song.... :x
I will as a last test make a formatting of my ipas to put it blank and see. Thank you for your assistance.

anton06
Expert

Post by anton06 » Tue Aug 07, 2012 1:47 pm

Also one thing I forgot to tell you is that if I record a track using vocal if I sing on a flat one without any plug and if I add plug after it sounds so bad compared with singing with the plugs on...the result between the 2 ways is black and white. Why? In other words To have a good result I have to use plug in real time effect, if I add plugs after recording it sounds just ugly. Regards

Rim
Site Admin

Post by Rim » Tue Aug 07, 2012 2:58 pm

Anton,

Ok, I think I understand why you're having issues. Auria lowers it's latency when recording, and if the latency is set too low, some plug-ins will use more CPU. Also, convolution reverb is not available during recording (it is automatically disabled). The convolution reverb algorithm is too CPU intensive to run at a low latency.

To help in your situation, there are two settings which I recommend looking at:

(these are in the Auria settings page):

1. Experiment with the Record Latency. I recommend 512 or 1024 if you're having problems).
2. Disable Effects While Recording should be On. This will minimize issues with CPU usage if you're having CPU warnings during recording.

Rim

anton06
Expert

Post by anton06 » Tue Aug 07, 2012 3:05 pm

Rim again thanks for such a reactivity...
Actually if i go in the settings i am on 256 which is less than 500 or 1024 i will try to put it on 500 and then 1024 to see.
By the way when ever i record a vocal part flat (no plugs) if i add plugins after the record the result is bad in a matter of sound quality but if i record with plugins on (real time effects) then it sounds good
Anyway am trying what you say..let see...back to you as soon as. ..thank you Rim

Rim
Site Admin

Post by Rim » Tue Aug 07, 2012 3:09 pm

I'm not really sure why you would have issues recording dry (no effects). What sort of "bad sound" are you getting? What input are you using? Is it the built-in mic, or are you using a USB interface?

Rim

anton06
Expert

Post by anton06 » Tue Aug 07, 2012 3:17 pm

Rim!!! I did what you proposed and i made the following settings : latency samples at 1024 and i disabled effects while recording AND IT WORKS!!!!!!!!!!! :lol:
A big thanks...i was desesperated. Please excuse my impatience.
Thanks to be here!!!!!!! Keep in touch

Rim
Site Admin

Post by Rim » Tue Aug 07, 2012 3:32 pm

Anton,

Great, I'm glad that worked for you. Not a problem at all. Welcome to the club ;)

Rim

anton06
Expert

Post by anton06 » Tue Aug 07, 2012 3:48 pm

Yea thanks a lot

distraub
Expert

Post by distraub » Wed Aug 08, 2012 9:17 am

Anton,

Just wanted to clarify the buffer settings, the higher the buffer, the easier it is on CPU.
Reading your posts I got the feeling you thought it was the other way around.

Thanks,

-distraub

anton06
Expert

Post by anton06 » Wed Aug 08, 2012 9:23 am

lol am sorry am French and as stupid as it sounds I don't know the meaning of it...
And technically what is it? Thanks Rim regards