AudioPaste samplerate weirdness - no 44.1 to 48k upconvert?

For general questions or discussion of Auria.

Moderators: Corey W, Rim

DrApostropheX
Expert

AudioPaste samplerate weirdness - no 44.1 to 48k upconvert?

Post by DrApostropheX » Fri Aug 03, 2012 1:02 pm

I have an issue where if I create a project at 48kHz and am not using an external audio interface (iPad audio) when I try to AudioPaste in something AudioCopied from Sample Lab (in this instance -- FYI: Sample Lab and Auria can't share audio resources, only one can be running on the iPad at the same time), when I get it into Auria and play it back, it's higher pitched, faster, and shorter. I'm guessing it's because Auria is playing back the 44.1kHz AudioPasted region at 48kHz, resulting in higher, faster audio. If I do the same thing with a 44.1kHz Auria project, then it plays back at the proper speed & pitch.

Shouldn't Auria upsample the 44.1kHz AudioPasted sample to 48kHz (if it's a 48kHz project) to ensure proper playback pitch and speed, or is this not possible?

Rim
Site Admin

Re: AudioPaste samplerate weirdness - no 44.1 to 48k upconve

Post by Rim » Fri Aug 03, 2012 4:08 pm

Auria doesn't convert sample rates for Audio Copy/Paste currently. It's something we can certainly add, though without much trouble. The other thing you mentioned - being able to use Auria's audio at the same time as Sample Lab, this is difficult for most apps to get right. Auria uses a mode that's known as a "PlayAndRecord" in terms of the audio resources on an iPad, and many other apps don't play nice with apps that use this mode.

Rim

DrApostropheX
Expert

Post by DrApostropheX » Sat Aug 04, 2012 8:57 am

Hi Rim! It'd be awesome if the sample rate conversion made it into a future update: it'd give me the ability to keep building tracks with AudioCopy/Paste in a 48kHz project, even when I'm away from my main audio interface.

I understand the bit about the iPad sharing audio resources. SampleTank and Meteor are two other apps that don't play nice together. As Auria doesn't have MIDI sequencing, it's less of a big deal to not have other audio apps running in the background.

Overall, I am way beyond pleased with the product!

Ermens

Post by Ermens » Tue Aug 19, 2014 2:27 am

Rim wrote:Auria doesn't convert sample rates for Audio Copy/Paste currently. It's something we can certainly add, though without much trouble. ....

Rim
yes please! importing from gadget etc to an 48khz or higherkhz session (or maybe the later conversion) would be a big help!
hendrik