Drumagog question

For general questions or discussion of Auria.

Moderators: Corey W, Rim

distraub
Expert

Drumagog question

Post by distraub » Wed Aug 01, 2012 8:07 pm

I am thinking about purchasing the drumagog in-app purchase but have a question.

So in a mix I just wrapped up in Auria for a client I needed to replace a hi hat track (electronic music, trance) I used ableton live to replicate the track with midi and different hat sounds then I sent it to Dropbox and put it in. Is this something that I could have done with Drumagog? I saw that it says kick snare and Tom but didn't see anything about hats

Thanks

- distraub

Rim
Site Admin

Re: Drumagog question

Post by Rim » Wed Aug 01, 2012 9:02 pm

Yes, that's precisely what Drumagog is designed for. It'll replace a drum track in real time. It works great with hihats as well, but we didn't include any in the bundled samples, as cymbals take a significant amount of space. You can easily use your own wav files as samples in Drumagog, though.

Rim

distraub
Expert

Post by distraub » Thu Aug 02, 2012 4:57 am

Thanks Rim, that sounds great, one question can I pull in sounds into drumagog from the normal Auria filesystem? Do I first have to import the audio to a track, or does it have it's own filesystem? I am hoping I can pull in 24 bit sounds from dropbox.

Which leads to one more question, are iTunes filesharing and Dropbox the only way to get mixdowns, and projects from Auria? I don't have iTunes on my studio PC, and don't plan on putting it on it, and don't have a paid monthly dropbox, just the free one, was wondering if there was Wifi or FTP that I may have missed.

Thanks,

-distraub

distraub
Expert

Post by distraub » Thu Aug 02, 2012 6:37 am

I bought it, and I see that I can pick a sample from any folder, my next question of course, is how do I make my own GOG files?
Also is it safe to delete the GOG files that came with it? Unfortunately most of what is supplied is not really good for what I do, especially the electronic kicks (I didn't find any with much punch).

Thanks,

-distraub

Rim
Site Admin

Post by Rim » Thu Aug 02, 2012 8:25 am

Drumagog can load any wav or aiff files. Just put a file in Auria's root folder using iTunes File Sharing. The version of Drumagog in Auria can't create gog files, though. You'll need the PC/Mac version for that.

There are many third party gog file collections you might like. Just look at drumagog.com for these extra libraries. Any gog file collection can be loaded into the Auria version of Drumagog without a problem.

Rim

Trueyorky
Expert

Post by Trueyorky » Thu Aug 02, 2012 8:54 am

I have been following his thread with interest and I see my WAV files available in the Drumagog documents folder which is great but I would like to create some user defined folders to categorise them. Is this possible?

Rim
Site Admin

Post by Rim » Thu Aug 02, 2012 8:57 am

The current version of Drumagog for Auria will only see the root folder, so creating subfolders isn't currently possible. It's something we'll add to a future version, though.

Rim

Trueyorky
Expert

Post by Trueyorky » Thu Aug 02, 2012 9:01 am

Perfect. Thanks Rim.