Crash

For general questions or discussion of Auria.

Moderators: Corey W, Rim

supanorton
Expert

Crash

Post by supanorton » Tue Jul 24, 2012 6:59 am

I recorded two guitar tracks using Overloud last night. I added a MicroWarmer plugin (set to guitar track) to each, tweaked a few knobs on the default setting of the channel strip until I got a sound I REALLY liked and moved to the edit window to slice and cut out the beginning of each track to eliminate some unwanted noise. I froze the first track, sliced and cut the second track with no problem. I also zoomed in close to make a precise cut. I froze the first track, then repeated the process on the second. In the middle of a zoom/scroll move, the app froze for about 2 or three seconds, then the iPad screen went black, then reverted to the start up screen with the white Apple logo in the center. It took maybe 15-20 seconds for the iPad to load the home screen. I opened Auria, it opened to edit screen where I left off when it crashed. I didn't get a crash report.

All background apps were closed.

Edit: I finished the editing and with no more problems.

Rim
Site Admin

Re: Crash

Post by Rim » Tue Jul 24, 2012 7:33 am

Usually when you get the Apple logo, it means that your iPad needed to shut down for some reason. This is usually due to running out of battery power (also can be caused by overheating the iPad). Is this possible in your case?

Rim

supanorton
Expert

Post by supanorton » Tue Jul 24, 2012 8:57 am

It was on a full charge, and I was in my house with the AC on. I don't play games or watch movies etc. The iPad wasn't being used before I started testing the overloud plugin. I put my kids to bed, and started laying down some guitar tracks. It seems I'm the only one on the forum who experienced high memory warnings and subsequent shut downs. This is the other thread I started:

http://d4.drumagog.com/phpbb2/viewtopic.php?f=18&t=9284

I'll see if I can get a genius to run a diagnostic on my iPad 2.

Rim
Site Admin

Post by Rim » Tue Jul 24, 2012 9:13 am

OK, in this particular case, did you get any memory warnings?

When Auria quits, does it always go to the Apple logo? It's very difficult to get an app to quit in a way that'll show the apple logo. That's a system crash, and apps shouldn't ever do that. if this is happening more than once, my guess is there's something wrong with your iPad.

Rim

supanorton
Expert

Post by supanorton » Tue Jul 24, 2012 12:42 pm

No warnings. I've never seen the Apple logo from a shut down/crash before this. The app just froze, then went to the Apple logo.