Auria questions

For general questions or discussion of Auria.

Moderators: Corey W, Rim

Cevyn

Auria questions

Post by Cevyn » Sun Jul 22, 2012 12:07 pm

First off- well done on an incredible app that expands the ability to make great sounding recording on the iPad- and opens the door to an even more exciting future! I have downloaded all of the plugins and am pleased with them as well- although I have only just started to dig into them.

Have a couple questions and thoughts that I would love to get your feedback on.

I am having trouble when freezing tracks- they playback out of sync .. I can create a bounce on another track and disable the plugins on the originalt track, but If I understand correctly, that is what the freeze option should do in one step.

When I only have 2 tracks with on the psp channel strip engaged and no other plugins, I get the CPU overload message. This only happens occasionally, a shut down and restart of auria will fix it- but don't know why it happens as I have all apps closed completely - by closing them on bottom bar.

Downloaded the drumagog in app purchase- it is great. However, I was wondering if you will include hi hat, ride, and crash gog files as well- seems a little incomplete without them. As a workaround, is there a place to access or purchase gog files, if so- can it be directly done from the iPad ( I had my laptop stolen recently). Also I have the igog app which works great- would be great to be able to integrate it into auria somehow.

Adding a loop handle for regions would be helpful

Thanks for a great app!

Thanks very much

Rim
Site Admin

Re: Auria questions

Post by Rim » Sun Jul 22, 2012 12:25 pm

Thanks, I appreciate the support!

We're working on the freezing out-of-sync issue now. Does it only happen when you have plug-ins on that track? Does it matter which plug-ins?

As far as the CPU message, it doesn't have anything to do with background apps. That would give you a memory warning instead. Can you identify what causes this? Does it do only when using the channelstrips?

In terms of Drumagog, we decided not to include the cymbals, as this would make the download size jump to several GB (much to large for an iPad download). Also, Drumagog on Auria doesn't support auto hi-hat tracking.

If you'd like some cymbal samples, send us an e-mail to info@drumagog.com, and we'll be glad to provide you with some if you can provide us with proof of purchase for Drumagog Auria.

Thanks,
Rim

Cevyn

Post by Cevyn » Sun Jul 22, 2012 12:47 pm

Thanks for the fast response!

Just tried the freeze issue a few times.- seems to stay in sync without any plug- ins, but falls out of sun with plug ins. Also when plugins are on, and the sync is off, I am only getting output from the left side ( headphones)

As far as the CPU message, I will start to jot down what is happening to give you a fuller picture- at the moment I don't have a good answer as to the conditions under which is shows up.

Ah is the hi hat tracking just abit much for the iPad? Adding audio copy and paste to igog would be enough for me! Igog sounds fantastic and is a great tool for a non drummer to get a drum track that has some life in it- Thanks for the the offer I will shoot you an email for the abou the gog files

Thanks again- would be happy to help improve the app as it develops-

Rim
Site Admin

Post by Rim » Sun Jul 22, 2012 1:08 pm

Sounds great, I appreciate the help. I hope this next update will fix many of the early bugs.

The freeze stereo issue has already been fixed. We just need to find and fix the sync issue at this point.

Thanks,
RIm

Cevyn

Post by Cevyn » Mon Jul 23, 2012 9:13 am

Still working with freeze function. I had and instance today where the track had no plug ins and and the freeze still resulted in a sync issue. Took out aux effects as well, but still had the issue. Also the first time I exported to drop box worked fine, but now whenever I try to export to sound cloud or Dropbox, the app quits. I don't have any other apps running- all closed in bottom bar, and tried a restart but still quitting when trying to export to either place.

Thanks

Rim
Site Admin

Post by Rim » Mon Jul 23, 2012 10:27 am

I assume you're talking about using the Mixdown feature, then selecting Dropbox or SoundCloud?

It might be related to the soundcloud issue posted in another thread. If you can get it to happen every time, would you mind sending me a zip file of the project? Then tell me what to do to make it crash.

Thanks,
Rim

Rim
Site Admin

Post by Rim » Mon Jul 23, 2012 10:43 am

Actually, if you can make it crash this way, please put a message in the crash report and left me know when you do it, so I can examine the crash report and see what's going on. I might be able to figure it out without needing the project then.

Rim

Cevyn

Post by Cevyn » Mon Jul 23, 2012 12:09 pm

Will get to it in a bit. A couple times it crashed, it didn't give a prompt for the crash report. But will try that way, as it will be tough to send you a zip file - I only have an iPad at the moment.

Thanks

Rim
Site Admin

Post by Rim » Mon Jul 23, 2012 12:39 pm

Great. Every crash should pop up a box asking if you want to submit a crash report. But this pop-up will only appear the next time you try to run Auria.

Also, make sure you have an internet connection (WiFi or 3G) when you start Auria again, so it can send the crash report.

Thanks,
Rim

Cevyn

Post by Cevyn » Mon Jul 23, 2012 12:45 pm

Just tried again- auria shut down again, and the prompt to send a crash report did not appear. Let me know if there is any other way I can help to sort out the issue

Rim
Site Admin

Post by Rim » Mon Jul 23, 2012 12:50 pm

You mean you started Auria again, and when it came up, there was no prompt to send a crash report? That's strange...

Please tell me more about what you say:

1. Did Auria simply quite back to the your icons?
2. When you clicked the Auria icon afterwords, did you see the Auria logo for a while, as it was loading?

Make sure you have an internet connection on your iPad, and that it works.

Rim

Cevyn

Post by Cevyn » Mon Jul 23, 2012 1:02 pm

After the blue mix down bar completed- the app closed and went back to icons. When I started app again, the auria logo comes up as if it is loading for the first time. Then the project loads and no crash report prompt comes up. My Internet connection is working - I am on the forum with the same iPad

Rim
Site Admin

Post by Rim » Mon Jul 23, 2012 2:13 pm

If you have some time at some point to send me a project which makes this happen every time, I'd really appreciate it!

Thanks,
Rim

Cevyn

Post by Cevyn » Mon Jul 23, 2012 5:22 pm

Think I may have found the problem- for some reason there were 2 copies of the file under the same name, but with different times they were save. When I deleted one- both were erased. I lost some work, however luckily I had a version that did back up to dropbox a few days ago. The issue seems to be ok now, as the file can now be uploaded to drop box. I don't know how or why the file was saved that way- that may be another issue in itself. For now the Dropbox is working , but no luck with soundcloud. I think you mention somewhere that you have already fixed that one.

Thanks hope that helps

Rim
Site Admin

Post by Rim » Mon Jul 23, 2012 5:32 pm

What kind of file was it that you deleted, a WAV file?

Rim