Account flagged for in-app purchases?

For general questions or discussion of Auria.

Moderators: Corey W, Rim

robertreynolds

Account flagged for in-app purchases?

Post by robertreynolds » Wed Jul 18, 2012 6:13 pm

I think my account was flagged at some point and wondering if you guys know what is going on. I purchased Auria and a couple of the $9.99 plugins. When I went to purchase another plugin, I received a "Please contact itunes support to complete this purchase". Googling this message suggests it is a security flag, although I'm able to purchase other items directly through the itunes store just fine. My payment method is valid, however, I switched payment methods just in case. Still no luck. Has anyone else seen this issue?

Rim
Site Admin

Re: Account flagged for in-app purchases?

Post by Rim » Wed Jul 18, 2012 6:20 pm

If you're getting that message, the only way to solve it is to contact Apple about it. All the messages that pop up in the Auria store come directly from Apple, so we have no control over them.

Rim

robertreynolds

Post by robertreynolds » Wed Jul 18, 2012 6:35 pm

Rim wrote:If you're getting that message, the only way to solve it is to contact Apple about it. All the messages that pop up in the Auria store come directly from Apple, so we have no control over them.

Rim
Okay thanks. I have a support ticket in. It seems to not like the FabFilter Pro-Q for some reason. I'll post back when I find out what's going on. Nice app by the way.

Rim
Site Admin

Post by Rim » Wed Jul 18, 2012 7:22 pm

It might be because that plugin is more expensive than other ones you've tried? Just my guess.

Rim

glassmaster

Post by glassmaster » Thu Jul 26, 2012 7:55 pm

Hi there,

I have the same problem ... greets, Dieter

Rim
Site Admin

Post by Rim » Thu Jul 26, 2012 8:07 pm

If you're getting that same message, it's basically a message from Apple to contact them. It's possible there's some issue with your iTunes account, or the credit card attached to it.

Rim

boone51
Expert

Post by boone51 » Fri Jul 27, 2012 8:12 am

I wonder if this has anything to do with that in-app purchase exploit. I wouldn't be surprised to learn that apple was trying to take a proactive stance to thwart people from rigging the in-app purchasing system. Not suggesting that the OP or anyone else was doing that. Just wondering if this might be a side effect from them trying to patch that gaping hole.