Merry Christmas from c-minus! Silent Night

For Auria users to share their creativity!

Moderators: Corey W, Rim

C-minus
Expert

Merry Christmas from c-minus! Silent Night

Post by C-minus » Fri Dec 18, 2015 7:10 pm

Mixed and mastered in Auria. Couldn't figure out what to "solo" with (I suck) so I went with fuzzed-out bass guitar. Thanks for listening and safe holidays to everyone! :D :D :D

https://www.dropbox.com/s/a1j2ves01poxf ... 1.mp3?dl=0
iPad Air 1, Scarlett 18i8, Behringer B-2 Pro/C-3, SM 57's(backup hammer)ISA One, KRK Rockit 5's, coffee.

jz20051

Re: Merry Christmas from c-minus! Silent Night

Post by jz20051 » Tue Dec 22, 2015 4:17 pm

Very nice my good sir! 8) I have a question though, did you record the drums acoustically or use an app? Also, the bass guitar (app or acoustically)? Really good sounding mix.

I apologize for the newbie question, but I'm just new to Auria Pro, recently got an iPad Pro and I'm trying to get a good drum and bass guitar app (I'm a singer, songwriter but acoustically sounding instruments).

Thank you sharing your version of Silent Night!

JRSIV
Expert

Re: Merry Christmas from c-minus! Silent Night

Post by JRSIV » Thu Dec 24, 2015 9:04 pm

Yeah C that is really cool. I love the arrangement and new spin you put on it. I love when Christmas tunes are presented differently than the "standard" way we all have heard a million times.

"God Rest Ye Merry Gentleman" was one my high school jazz band did in a different way, the band director wrote out this Louie Bellson meets Santana arrangement and it kicked ass. It was like yours where anyone listening could pick up the song in seconds but it was flipped in a really cool way.

Great stuff brother, happy holidays...
JRSIV's Studio V uses Auria Pro v2.33 on an iPad Air 5 (2022) 256GB w/iPadOS 16.3
Other gear includes: Tascam US-2x2 interface, Behringer UMC404HD interface, TC Electronics SOLO, Sony MDR-7506 headphones