yesper - senses sensei, EP completed entirely in Auria

For Auria users to share their creativity!

Moderators: Corey W, Rim

mccauley1983

yesper - senses sensei, EP completed entirely in Auria

Post by mccauley1983 » Sat Nov 29, 2014 12:40 pm

Hello All!

https://yesper.bandcamp.com/album/senses-sensei

This record was recorded into Auria using an Apogee Duet and a couple of cheap mics. Almost everything is live instrumentation with the exception of a few synth parts that were recorded using an old Alesis Micron. The entire record was mixed in Auria as well. I recorded it by myself in empty apartments (I work in a downtown residential high-rise). I hope you enjoy it!

Stephen

thinds
Expert

Re: yesper - senses sensei, EP completed entirely in Auria

Post by thinds » Sat Nov 29, 2014 3:36 pm

Very cool Stephen. Great songs, recording and production.

tonydean
Expert

Post by tonydean » Mon Dec 08, 2014 2:47 pm

Wow Stephen. Considering you used cheap mics, I think you did a great job with the EP. Did you master everything in Auria too?
iPad Air 2 128 gig wifi, iOS 11.4, Auria 2.0. Focusrite itrack dock. iFretless Bass, iRig Pro, Rode NT2-A recording mic, Takamine G-Series AC Gtr. Cole Clark Angel 2 Bunya/Blackwood acoustic.

mccauley1983

Post by mccauley1983 » Mon Dec 08, 2014 9:11 pm

Yes! It was mixed in Auria and I had some processing on the master bus that helped glue each song together. There was no dedicated mastering stage for the mixes after they were complete. Each of the mixes was done in the ipad with whatever plug-ins were available through the Auria store. Thanks so much for listening!

BGR
Expert

Post by BGR » Sat Dec 13, 2014 9:33 am

Great music!

corrovonk

Post by corrovonk » Thu Jan 15, 2015 10:28 pm

Great use of all the open spaces.And great soundings tracks eh! :D

JRSIV
Expert

Post by JRSIV » Mon Oct 26, 2015 10:16 pm

I have been listening to some of the members music made exclusively with Auria and heard this tonight. It's another example of how this platform is totally ready for primetime and pro quality. The sounds and balance you achieved was really cool and I hazard to guess that if you weren't using as portable a recording setup the open sounds and natural reverbs from the empty spaces in the building wouldn't have been captured.

The claps & percussion and especially guitar sound wonderful in that natural acoustic environment. The songwriting was just as clever and great as the production...well done brother, very cool.
JRSIV's Studio V uses Auria Pro v2.33 on an iPad Air 5 (2022) 256GB w/iPadOS 16.3
Other gear includes: Tascam US-2x2 interface, Behringer UMC404HD interface, TC Electronics SOLO, Sony MDR-7506 headphones

Guitar G

Post by Guitar G » Tue Nov 03, 2015 8:40 pm

Very cool! Love the "chill" sound! I've only mixed one song with Auria.... Tracks imported, some recorded with Auria. It's the song: "Wait, ( i've got a lot to say)" ©Hensley/Fritch
To hear some of my songs, feel free to check them out at: https://www.reverbnation.com/gordyfritch Thanks! Gordy Fritch