Focusrite itrack solo?

For topics specifically about audio interfaces (USB, MFi, Camera Connection Kit)

Moderators: Corey W, Rim

timmyg
Expert

Focusrite itrack solo?

Post by timmyg » Mon Dec 10, 2012 6:06 am

Hi,

I've been having problems with recording an acoustic guitar via a condensor mic (with phantom power) on a Tascam iu2. The input signal is so low that i have to turn it up so much that it adds a ridiculous amount of hiss which is not acceptable at all.
I've tried different cables, mics, and apps other than auria ( which I love) but no improvements.

Has anyone heard of similar problems with the iu2? Also, i was thinking of replacing it with a Focusrite itrack solo but wanted to know if it works and if so, how good is the recording quality and is there much hiss? I only need to record one track at a time and just want a clean signal, low hiss signal from a well made device!

Thanks,
Tim

Phil999
Expert

Re: Focusrite itrack solo?

Post by Phil999 » Mon Dec 10, 2012 6:11 am

timmyg
Expert

Post by timmyg » Mon Dec 10, 2012 6:24 am

Phil999 wrote:http://d4.drumagog.com/phpbb2/viewtopic ... iu2#p17642

are you human or a bot?
Erm? I'm trying to get some advice about the Focusrite itrack solo...not sure what you mean

Phil999
Expert

Post by Phil999 » Mon Dec 10, 2012 6:38 am

please accept my apologies, my mistake. There is an increasing number of spam bots in internet forums lately, and I really thought this was one of those posts. You used the same wording (copy paste) that I've read three times already, which led me to the wrong conclusion. Sorry about that.