Output routing through iConnectAudio4+

For topics specifically about audio interfaces (USB, MFi, Camera Connection Kit)

Moderators: Corey W, Rim

jorrik

Output routing through iConnectAudio4+

Post by jorrik » Wed Jan 03, 2018 7:42 am

Hi everybody,

hopefully, someone can help me. Have the auriapro-app working on my iPad. Using the iConnectAudio4+ interface.

Now, I am right now preparing the setup for our Live Performances, next Album tour.

I am failing to reach some simple things...

a) I have put all backing tracks on tracks 2, 3 and 4 > to be sent to the PA
b) I have prepared a click track (track 1) > to be not sent to the PA but to the Monitors only.

in "Output Matrix" I have put tracks 2,3 and 4 to Sub1 and to send Sub1 to output 1&2 (not main)
in "Output Matrix" I have put track 1 to Sub 2 and to send Sub 2 it output 3&4 (not main)

So, I thought, that's it.

But whatever I am doing, I am not getting the right results... Still everythings only comes to output 1&2. I am not sure where the problem is. If in the config of the iConnect? Maybe someone here can help me?

Anthony Alves
Expert

Re: Output routing through iConnectAudio4+

Post by Anthony Alves » Sun Jan 21, 2018 11:59 am

Here is your problem explained and is not mentioned in AuriaPros instructions. Even though you sent out tracks to a subgroup that is assigned to a hardware output, if you tap a tracks output on the mixer window you will see that it is always sent to the Main Output no matter what output you sent it to. The only way to isolate the tracks or subgroup or Aux outputs from the Main Output is to go to the Output Matrix and make sure that the Main out is assigned to NO hardware outputs, ie. no lights are on. Then everything will NOT go out the main outputs and must be assigned a hardware output other than the Main Output to be heard.
Note. The built in metronome goes out the Main Output only and is not assignable to a given hardware output so you must have a recorded click track on a track to send out a hardware output other than the Main Output. There is a workaround for the built in metronome but its not optimal as you have to loop the main output internally and direct that metronome signal back into a rec ready track then send that track out a seperate hardware output. There is a risk of too much latency using this methode so better to have a pre-recorded click track to send out to hardware.
Cheers and good luck.